Repo cruise over & different one back? Hate to fly.

Ms belp

Has anyone taken a repo out of Miami or NYC and then taken a repo back from Europe? I really can't stand the thought of the long flights over and back anymore. We take Southwest to and from our American departure points to cut our flight times. We have to hop but I don't mind.

Repo cruises from the US to Europe are generally in the spring, and from Europe to the US in the fall. So, unless your planning an extended stay, it probably wouldn't work out.

You could however, take a transatlantic cruise on Cunard to get from New York to London and/or back. Not a repo cruise, per se, but it will serve the purpose.

You need to check the schedules to see if you can make this work for you.

Has anyone taken a repo out of Miami or NYC and then taken a repo back from Europe? I really can't stand the thought of the long flights over and back anymore. We take Southwest to and from our American departure points to cut our flight times. We have to hop but I don't mind.

The problem with just about all repo's that we have ever looked at, is that each cruise line is repo-ing the same direction..

Its all about the cruise season in each locality, so you would need to prepare to stay for several months until they head the other way. Some exceptions we have seen are when the cruise is a "world cruise" where you can take certain sectors, or go all the way..

Sue and Phil

Yep, all a matter of timing.

But, you could do two repo's at different times of they year, and cut your flights in half.

We took QM2 over and flew back.

A few months later, we flew over, and took NCL back.

This allowed us to book ONE airline ticket for the Europe part, saving lots of money. We did one way domestic for the other part of the flight.

It's funny - while in my little dream land of "what I want to do when I retire":rolleyes: I was looking at the same thing being I'm afraid of flying:mad: (mad at myself). The only thing I really saw involved a Cunard trip (that would be out of and back home to New York).

I think I may have seen something that might round trip to Miami where you could go out Miami but round trip it right away on another line back. But maybe that was about the time I had to leave the dream and go back to work:D

Go into London then train to Barcelona to come back? Something like that?

Just google transatlantic cruises it will bring up a bunch of goodies or hit one of the websites listed here.

Kathy

You could sail on the Sun repo cruise leaving Port Canaveral on April 23, 2011 to Copenhagen and if I calculated correctly, would arrive on May 7th.. Then sail on the Queen Mary 2 leaving Hamburg on May 8th back to NYC... Not sure about the cost but it should work!

Archived