NCL Star - Any Noise from Jogging Track?

DTW Cruiser

OK, I looked at both decks, but I can't tell. I initially asked the NCL Rep about this when we booked and she said not all the rooms are under the jogging path since it is re-routed at a certain point. I think room 12518 will be ok, and will keep my fingers crossed for 12520. The only other poster that mentioned the sound was Hikini; I think her room was #12022. I think she said she could hear some sounds at particular times of the day, but it wasn't too bad and she highly recommended the deck 12 suites. I think/hope we will both be fine!

• 3 weeks later...
We are planning a cruise to Alaska and have been looking at the new suites SJ on deck 12 on ncl star. Does anyone know which suites have the jogging track noise? Did anyone have luck with quiet suites on this floor? They do look nice!
The suites closer to the back are going to be under the track. My NCL PCC told me that the suites closer to the front are not under the track. If you are looking at an Alaskan cruise - I wouldn't wait too long to book. One of my sisters is also going to travel on the Star to Alaska and suites for her dates are already sold out. One of the prior passengers "Hikini" said her room was under the track and at times she could hear some thumping (my words not hers) but I don't believe it was a big issue. Best of luck to you!

OK, I found some quotes from Hikini:

All of the AJ's up to 12022 and 12522 are under the jogging track. From 12020 and 12520 forward, those are under the forward observation area, so wouldn't have the pound-pound from the joggers. We were barely under the jogging track and I would never, ever say that the joggers were a distraction for us at all. Yes we heard them now and then, or people who stepped hard up above but it wasn't a constant thing. Didn't happen much at all and never while we were trying to sleep.

also:

As for noise from the deck above.....the family suites are under the jogging/walking track and not under the pool upperdeck at all. We could hear people on the jogging track as they ran overhead but it didn't happen very much and wasn't loud, in my opinion. I don't think we heard anything from the walking track, since when people are walking they aren't pounding down like they would if they were running. We LOVED the location of the suite as well as the suite itself. Those windows, with the curtains pulled all the way back, were amazing!

Hopefully, this will answer your question!

• 2 months later...

our family of five stayed in 12006 near the front and it was very quiet. note however from the deck plan:

http://www2.ncl.com/cruise-ship/star/decks/1/12#tab_detail

that the forward cabins are a little smaller than the ones toward the pool deck. when/if you have all the beds open, there's not much floor space left in 12006.

Archived