Chocolate, coffee???

Joby

Does anyone know if there is homemade chocolate available near Limon? Just wondering, since cocoa beans are grown in the area and I am a chochoholic.

I'm not a coffee drinker-- if I were going to bring back coffee for gifts, what kind/brand might I look for that would be outstanding???

Also looking for ideas on handmade local souviners. Anyone have any suggestions?

We will be going from Tortuguero Canals down to Puerto Viejo on our day in Costa Rica, does anyone have ideas anywhere along that route? Thanks.

Does anyone know if there is homemade chocolate available near Limon? Just wondering, since cocoa beans are grown in the area and I am a chochoholic.

I'm not a coffee drinker-- if I were going to bring back coffee for gifts, what kind/brand might I look for that would be outstanding???

Also looking for ideas on handmade local souviners. Anyone have any suggestions?

We will be going from Tortuguero Canals down to Puerto Viejo on our day in Costa Rica, does anyone have ideas anywhere along that route? Thanks.

Hi!

A couple of suggestions:

1) Coffee - Cafe Britt is excellent. There will probably be an on-board offer of 20 bags of coffee and/or chocolate/candy for $99.00 including DHL shipping back to the states. We brought back coffee (excellent) and confections (very good) and have re-ordered coffee already. If you are intested in the chocolate/candy offerings, check out their website - www.cafebritt.com. Types available? Chocolate and white chocolate covered macadamias, macadamia brittle, chocolate and white chocolate covered coffee beans, etc.

2) We took a tour called Costa Rica's Favorites that combined the Arial Tram and the cruise on the Tortugero Canals. For me, it was the highlight of our Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess. The cruise had fantastic wildlife sightings and our guide was wonderful. There was a very nice gift shop at the Arial Tram and I believe there were a few vendors where we boarded the boats for the canal. Highly recommended!

Have a great cruise and enjoy Costa Rica - a beautiful country!

• 1 month later...

Archived