Flight Time Change Departing San Juan

txprin

Just found out our Saturday December 11th Continental flight leaving San Juan is NOW departing at 9:55 a.m.:eek: The Celebrity Summit shows docked at 6:00a.m

Please can someone tell me if we can make the 9:55 flight???

Staying in a C-1 which says we have priority departing:o not sure if that means anything. Thanks!

Just because the ship docks at 6 am, doesn't mean you can get off at 6 am. If everything goes great, the first people won't be off til 7:30 or 8:00. Any hitches w/ immigration can delay the 1st departure to 9 or 10 am. I've been on a cruise out of San Juan that held everyone onboard til 9:30. Yes, you might make a 9:55 flight. My guess is you have slightly less than a 50/50 chance.

I would absolutely NOT risk it. The ships always suggest a flight no earlier than noon.

The earliest we have arrived at SJU after a cruise was about 9:15 am, and that was with a perfect disembarkation. On other ships no one has gotten off until 8:30 am.

Airlines are flying full these days and if you miss your flight you may pay a penalty plus have to wait for many hours or even days to get on another flight.

If you can get a later flight, I'd say go for it.

I called Continental and they said I shouldn't worry...that I should be fine:o

I felt it best to get CC feedback.

Strange they have this early of a flight that cruise passengers can't make:mad:

And you find this reassuring? How in the world could they guarantee you would make this flight? Lots of people fly out of San Juan who aren't on cruise ships; flight times are not scheduled for cruise passenger's convenience.

Recommend you change your flight.

Check what later flights are now available on Continental (also look at United since they are now one company) and call and ask to be moved to those later flights. You should not be charged anything for this change as it is due to their schedule change. If they give you problems, explain that you booked your later departure because you are coming off a cruise and cannot make a 9:55am flight. If they still give you issues, hang up and call back.

Continental has a 5:27pm flight to IAH. If you are connecting at IAH to somewhere else, United has a 4:37pm flight to ORD, a 1:41pm and a 6:05pm flight to IAD, and Continental has a 1:30pm to EWR.

Update...just talked to Continental and they have switched my flight at no charge and had to be waited listed for upgrade. Thanks for the advice! Now what to do in San Juan with baggage...I am sure we will be much more relaxed not having to worry about missing the flight

Update...just talked to Continental and they have switched my flight at no charge and had to be waited listed for upgrade. Thanks for the advice! Now what to do in San Juan with baggage...I am sure we will be much more relaxed not having to worry about missing the flight

If you check on San Juan on the port of call section of CC, I have seen a thread about a hotel near the pier that will hold your bags until time to go to airport so that you can sightsee. I assume they charge for the service, but thread will give you details. Bill

A lot depends on the new flight time. The airport is a zoo on cruise days, so you might not really have alot of time to kill.

Cruise lines typically offer excursions for people with late flights out of SJU. Your luggage goes on the bus with you and after the excursion they drop you off at the airport. Excursions are usually available to Old San Juan and also to the rainforest.

Archived