Barcelona Departure

MATHA531

I am in the initial planning stage for a cruise on the NCL Epic next August out of Barcelona. The deposit is in so now the other details...

My cruise departs Barcelona on Sunday. I will be flying in from London on Saturday either late afternoon or evening probably if I can get a cheap seat on Easy Jet. Now I did a tour of Spainb a couple of years ago which included Barcelona and to say I wasn't impressed would be an understatement. To me, most of the cities I visited including Barcelona were dens of thieves and all I read about are the pickpockets and whatever. So quite frankly, there is no need for me to see Barcelona. I truly have no interest.

So having said that, I would like to fly in, stay pretty near the airport, eat at the airport hotel, sleep at the airport hotel, have breakfast at the airport hotel and then transport myself tothe cruise terminal. Of course, there are always taxis which probably aren't all that expensive but it is an airport.

So...I'm open to suggestions as to a convenient hotel near the airport and just what I can do about transporting myself to the cruise terminal other than a taxi (example...do the cruise lines run transfers from the airport...perhaps a hotel shuttle back to the airport and the cruise transfer)....anybody with suggestins, it will be greatly appreciated.

And please, don't tell me I'm making a mistake and Barcelona is a wonderful city. Did it and, at least to me, it sure isn't.

The Renaissance Marriott is an airport hotel with free airport shuttle and they offer a relatively low cost shuttle to/from the pier as well. There is absolutely nothing near the hotel, except the airport, but the hotel itself is nice and a good value if you don't care about seeing the city.

Best,

Mia

I am in the initial planning stage for a cruise on the NCL Epic next August out of Barcelona. The deposit is in so now the other details...

My cruise departs Barcelona on Sunday. I will be flying in from London on Saturday either late afternoon or evening probably if I can get a cheap seat on Easy Jet. Now I did a tour of Spainb a couple of years ago which included Barcelona and to say I wasn't impressed would be an understatement. To me, most of the cities I visited including Barcelona were dens of thieves and all I read about are the pickpockets and whatever. So quite frankly, there is no need for me to see Barcelona. I truly have no interest.

So having said that, I would like to fly in, stay pretty near the airport, eat at the airport hotel, sleep at the airport hotel, have breakfast at the airport hotel and then transport myself tothe cruise terminal. Of course, there are always taxis which probably aren't all that expensive but it is an airport.

So...I'm open to suggestions as to a convenient hotel near the airport and just what I can do about transporting myself to the cruise terminal other than a taxi (example...do the cruise lines run transfers from the airport...perhaps a hotel shuttle back to the airport and the cruise transfer)....anybody with suggestins, it will be greatly appreciated.

And please, don't tell me I'm making a mistake and Barcelona is a wonderful city. Did it and, at least to me, it sure isn't.

Book Renaissance Hotel at the airport:

free shuttle from the airport to the hotel

and for 10 EUR from the hotel to the port

But have your doggy bag with you if you do not want to eat at the hotel...

There is nothing around but an industrial estate.

Regards

HeinBloed

Archived