dawn

mikeauto1

Hi i am new to ncl. I live in the northeast and was thingking about taking the dawn out of boston to bermuda next september. My ta says that they seas are rougth in september. Are the any seasoned cruiseers that could tell me if this is true or not.

Hi i am new to ncl. I live in the northeast and was thingking about taking the dawn out of boston to bermuda next september. My ta says that they seas are rougth in september. Are the any seasoned cruiseers that could tell me if this is true or not.

Hurricane season, it's all up to Mother Nature.

We were on a cruise this past September scheduled to go to Bermuda, but because of hurricane season, we ended up in the Bahamas. The only rough seas we encountered were off the coast of Florida and Georgia, and that was due to the hurricane. The rest of the trip was relatively calm. Even the rough seas won't bother you if you get a prescription for the scopalamine patch before you leave.

I'd just like to confirm that each day on the Atlantic is a crap shoot, regardless of month. With many cruises under my belt out of Boston and New York (2 over the past 8 months) I've often experienced seas as smooth as glass one day and rolling out of bed the next. Shy of a hurricane, you should be OK though. The ships tend to navigate around such predicted weather patterns.

Bon Voyage!

I cruised to Bermuda once in Sept and it was a bit rough..however, I plan to do it again.

Bermuda in Sept is pure bliss.

Bermuda is unfortunately, only warm enough to visit during the summer months, which of course is hurricane season and Sept is the height of it.

It's a crap shoot, but well worth the odds, even if they're bad. :)

Well, we once had 40 foot seas from NY to Bermuda in May.

We have also sailed from NY to Bermuda in June w/ 15-20 ft seas, July and August were unremarkable.

We have sailed from Ny to the Caribbean in April and had calm seas.

We have repositioned from Boston to the Caribbean & FL in October and had perfectly calm seas.

What it all boils down to is "weather happens."

Been to Bermuda 3 times at the end of August, beginning of September. Left from Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York. Basically, calm seas for all three sailings. However, there was news that prior sailings had rough seas on all three trips. As other posters indicated, it depends on the weather and sea currents. There is really no way to predict the seas. However, you can book your vacations out of hurrican season. Even that does not guarantee calm seas. We left out of New York last December for the Bahamas and it was pretty rough sailing leaving New York the first evening. Best of Luck with your plans! :)

I think the message has been pretty clear. no one except Mother nature can tell you what it will be like. We sailed to bermuda this August (also hurriane season) seas were extremely calm. You would have thought it was a small lake the water was that smooth. Two weeks later Bermuda was hit by a hurricane. the one thing you can rely on is the safety of the cruise line. No line will head into potentialy deadly storms. If something is predicted for where ever you are going they will sail a course away from it. it may mean a different port but the ship will be safe. Doesn't gaureentee the water will be calm, but you should not be in any real danger.

Archived