Bar coupons

gsueagle2424

If I order some coupons this month and then some next, does that cause a problem or is it all okay with it all being tied to the same reservation?

No problem. It's all tied to your booking number. Some people purchase some with each paycheque.

Also keep in mind that with the bar coupons, you are charged the difference between the face value of the coupon and the actual price of the drink. In the past, this used to not be a problem if it was a bit over. But now that drink prices are higher, the bar waiter is more likely to charge the difference.

Dave

Also keep in mind that with the bar coupons, you are charged the difference between the face value of the coupon and the actual price of the drink. In the past, this used to not be a problem if it was a bit over. But now that drink prices are higher, the bar waiter is more likely to charge the difference.

Dave

I know the coupons are good for $5.75 correct? So if a drink is $7 my S&S card will be charged $1.25? Will the bartender receive a tip from this? I plan on tipping a little extra anyway just curious if they receive gratuity or not from the coupon.

I know the coupons are good for $5.75 correct? So if a drink is $7 my S&S card will be charged $1.25? Will the bartender receive a tip from this? I plan on tipping a little extra anyway just curious if they receive gratuity or not from the coupon.

Yes, grats are built into the price of the coupon. You will also pay 15% on the $1.25 charged to your S&S card in the example you provided.

Dave

As a way of prepaying some of our bar bill! I also ordered two bottles of alcohol from BonVoyage. All a means of keeping the final S&S bill a little lower.

thanks for clarification. my biggest concern would be losing the coupon. i feel much safer with just using the card.

They will be in your room either at the time of boarding on on the first evening

Have you also considered purchasing alcohol from the BonVoyage department - this way you can enjoy a beverage in your cabin :)

Is it pretty expensive to order alcohol from the BonVoyage department?

Is it pretty expensive to order alcohol from the BonVoyage department?

I think it is - here's a post from another thread:

Bon Voyage 800-522-7648 as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced $55, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

Ok, so here goes my thoughts on ordering from Bon Voyage and the bar coupons.

We just got back from our 3rd cruise. For the first time, we ordered a bottle of CC for the week from Bon Voyage. We paid like $41 and some odd change. This was a 1 liter bottle and we even had some left at the end of the week. By doing this, our S & S card was MUCH less than our last 2 cruises. DH got 3-4 drinks a day from the bottle. The cost for one of these was around $6.50 each. So, if you times the $6.50 by 4 a day, that's already $26...just for one day. This bottle lasted him all week and still had some left that we brought home with us. So, for us, ordering from Bon Voyage was well worth it!!

DH ordered a special gift basket for us that had champagne, glasses and other things that also included 4 drink coupons. I can say that he used all 4 of them on drinks that were over $5.25 each time and they never billed him the difference. Maybe it was our bartender or our wait staff in the MDR, but they were great!

Ok, so here goes my thoughts on ordering from Bon Voyage and the bar coupons.

We just got back from our 3rd cruise. For the first time, we ordered a bottle of CC for the week from Bon Voyage. We paid like $41 and some odd change. This was a 1 liter bottle and we even had some left at the end of the week. By doing this, our S & S card was MUCH less than our last 2 cruises. DH got 3-4 drinks a day from the bottle. The cost for one of these was around $6.50 each. So, if you times the $6.50 by 4 a day, that's already $26...just for one day. This bottle lasted him all week and still had some left that we brought home with us. So, for us, ordering from Bon Voyage was well worth it!!

DH ordered a special gift basket for us that had champagne, glasses and other things that also included 4 drink coupons. I can say that he used all 4 of them on drinks that were over $5.25 each time and they never billed him the difference. Maybe it was our bartender or our wait staff in the MDR, but they were great!

I agree with the Bon Voyage pre-ordering. I can buy the same bottle for half the price where I live but then have to "hope" I can smuggle it on. Not worth it to me.

Whereas buying the number of drinks on the ship, that I will get out of each bottle would cost at least 3x what Bon Voyage sells it for. It just makes things simpler to pre-order.

I bought some bar coupons from the Bon Voyage department to help keep my Sail and Sign balance down. I was wondering if they will be waiting for us when we get to the room? If not where do I pick them up from?

I had the same question, so I emailed Carnival and received the following answer:

In reference to your inquire, all bar credit coupons are deliver the 1st night at dinner. If for any reason you do not attend, they will take them to your cabin.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Cordially,

Carnival Cruise Lines

I agree with the Bon Voyage pre-ordering. I can buy the same bottle for half the price where I live but then have to "hope" I can smuggle it on. Not worth it to me.

Whereas buying the number of drinks on the ship, that I will get out of each bottle would cost at least 3x what Bon Voyage sells it for. It just makes things simpler to pre-order.

Same here! We used to always smuggle ours on too, but after reading about so many people getting called to the "naughty" room, DH said he would rather play it safe and order from Bon Voyage.

Our neighbor went on her first cruise back in May and I told her to smuggle her alcohol on.....guess what? Yep! She got called to the naughty room!! I felt sooo bad for her....

I had the same question, so I emailed Carnival and received the following answer:

In reference to your inquire, all bar credit coupons are deliver the 1st night at dinner. If for any reason you do not attend, they will take them to your cabin.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Cordially,

Carnival Cruise Lines

On my last cruise, we didn't go to dinner the first night and they weren't delivered to our cabin. I tried to get the next day but had to wait until dinner that night. I decided if I get them again and don't go to dinner, I will at least go the dining room to pick them up.

Everytime I've ever ordered them, they were delivered the first night at dinner by the bar hostess.

The last time was in Sept on the Fantasy.

My experience as well

why would you buy bar coupons????? I don't get it? are they cheaper?

I have done this twice, and find them a huge hassle. Not only do you have to carry them around with you, but they save only a little, and for some drinks it is actually more expensive to use them.

IMO Fun Ship Dollars are the way to go. Just buy the increments you want, and apply the dollars to your onboard account. This is a great way to pre-pay your S and S account.

I see on the Bon Voyage Website they offer these 2 coupon offers:

Get 4 Soda Can Coupons $7.75 ($1.94 per Can includes Gratuity)

Get 4 Bar Drink Coupons $21.25 ($5.31 per drink includes Gratuity)

but the normal price of the drink can not exceeding $5.25)

How much is a Can of Soda on the ship ?

Is this a deal for the Bar Drink ?

thanks..

Soda is $1.95.

As for the value of the bar coupons, it is kind of up in the air. The regular drinks (rum and coke, vodka and OJ, etc) are now $5.75. Some people report that the coupons are now being given a value of $5.75 and the coupon also includes the 15% gratuity. So, if that is true, then yes, you are saving at least $1/drink (I'm just guestimating). If you purchase a drink over $5.75 the difference is charged to your S&S card. I've purchased a few of these coupons, just as a way of keeping our final S&S bill down.

[How much is a Can of Soda on the ship ?

Is this a deal for the Bar Drink ?

thanks..

No, it's not a DEAL and was never intended to be a deal. The whole thing behind these coupons was so friends and family members could buy a cruiser a gift when they set sail Thus Bon Voyage Gifts.

My purpose for buying them is twofold.

1. I've already prepaid a portion of my bar tab. $100 worth of coupons means my final S&S bill is $100 less.

2. I usually have enough left over on the last night to suprise my wife with a very very nice bottle of wine or Champagne on the last night. A couple of cruises ago it was actually a bottle of Dom. Normally I would never pay $180 for a bottle of champagne but I had all these coupons left over. They were already paid for,,,let's try some Dom. Let's see what the fuss is all about.

Final conclusion?? Dom is worth every penny. Haven't had it since but worth every penny.

Archived