Good price for a caribbean cruise

holidaylover10

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and have yet to go on a cruise. Its my 50th birthday in 2012 and i have decided i would like to go on a caribbean cruise for two weeks, My husband has never been that keen to cruise but he says its my birthday my choice.

I have been looking at prices online with different companies and my minds in a whirl, I have been quoted prices of roughly £1700( with flights and $300 on board credit, and inside cabin) a person for april 2012 with Princess and would like to know if this seems like a good price. Should i hold on, are the prices likely to drop and if so when are the prices likely to decrease. I don't want to lock myself into a deal only to find they usually come down by a few hundred pounds after Christmas.

Could anyone recommend another cruise liner of similar standard to princess that may be cheaper and have flights included from the UK

Many thanks

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and have yet to go on a cruise. Its my 50th birthday in 2012 and i have decided i would like to go on a caribbean cruise for two weeks, My husband has never been that keen to cruise but he says its my birthday my choice.

I have been looking at prices online with different companies and my minds in a whirl, I have been quoted prices of roughly £1700( with flights and $300 on board credit, and inside cabin) a person for april 2012 with Princess and would like to know if this seems like a good price. Should i hold on, are the prices likely to drop and if so when are the prices likely to decrease. I don't want to lock myself into a deal only to find they usually come down by a few hundred pounds after Christmas.

Could anyone recommend another cruise liner of similar standard to princess that may be cheaper and have flights included from the UK

Many thanks

P&O do alot of caribbian cruises usually from nov to april this is because its the hurricane season the rest of the year (june to Oct), most involve flying out to Barbados and then round the caribbean islands and sailing back to southampton or vice versa or even sailing both ways but that would mean a three week cruise, Ive just looked in latest flyer sent to me and there are two cruises for this Nov one on Azura flying to and from barbados 15 nights with prices starting at £999 for an inside cabin rising to £1399 for a balcony and one on Ventura also in Nov with the same starting price rising to £1499 for a balcony.

Good luck

p.s. Just looked in the P&O brochure and the prices for the Ventura cruise was £1579 rising to £2229 but bare in mind that the prices will only come down if there are plenty unsold cabins

If you look at the P&O brochure you will get a good idea of the type of cruise they offer. There are several advantages of sailing with P&O on a flycruise to and from Barbados. When you check your luggage in at Gatwick you do not see it again until it appears in your cabin on the ship. When you arrive at Barbados there are no immigration queues or anything like that. You go down the steps from the aircraft straight onto buses which take you straight to the ship. Usually this takes between 30-40mins depending on traffic.

On P&O there are no additional 15% charges put on any drinks you buy on board - unlike Princess or any of the American ships. The prices of drinks are what you would pay in an English pub. We went on our first P&O fly cruise to the Caribbean back in 2005 and are shortly to go on our 6th! P&O offer a very British cruise, 4 formal evenings on a two week cruise when the ship takes on a very glamorous appearance. Whatever you decide to do I would get lots of brochures and study them carefully. May I suggest you don't book through P&O direct but go to one of the cruising clubs recommended on the P&O site - there is a link to travel agents. We have used one particular one which gives us a very good price, much better than high street Travel Agents. I don't think we are allowed to mention particular names on this site, but use the link or put in Crusing Clubs to Google and you should find them this way. Once you have decided what you want I would phone at least 3 of the clubs and get a price.

When we first started cruising I read everything I could find to get knowledge about the various options and about dining table sizes and sittings. If you have any questions do ask.

Hope you find what you are looking for, but beware, cruising is very addictive!:)

Archived