Formal Nights? (Western Caribbean Cruise)

allen.crawford

We have started to pack for our cruise. Unfortunately, we have no idea how many formal nights of dining we can expect during our 7 day Western Caribbean cruise (on the Atlantica). Can someone please help us out?

We are ready for toga night. Not sure what we will do for Red, Green, and White night though.

That's right, second and sixth night are formal night, where the first one is the Buon Viaggio celebration with Captains champagne reception in the main theatre, prior to dinner.

Red, White & Green night (italian night) is casual dress code, but if you wish, you can show those colors by dressing accordingly.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Andy

I hope you have a great cruise. We sure did (we sailed Jan 30 on the Atlantica).

One tip for you--be sure and splurge for dinner at the Club Atlantica (reservation only dining) It was superb--the filet mignon was the best I have ever had. And the service was exquisite! It was a nice change for the dining room. I highly recommend it!:)

Lisa,

thanks. I have read threads on other parts of this board about "dress code" and whether or not the ship should "enforce" the dress code.

I don't want to repeat the threads, but I must say, I really appreciate the formal nights. It is nice to see everyone dressed up and looking great.

We definitely don't like the "free-style" cruising that seems to be the direction some cruise lines are moving toward.

Just off the Atlantica and for both formal nights only half of the guests were dressed very formal, the rest were in casual dress, pants, jeans, sun dresses.

We have watched people turned away at the door of the Captain's party because to the way they were dressed on Costa. Cruising Italian style is more than a Toga on the last night.

Hey Hei1980!!!

I missed you around here... thought you might have taken another cruise... like back to back... LOL ;-)

To be honest, we have not seen anyone wearing jeans or even shorts during the formal nights, unless they chose the alternative dining option at the buffet area. Other than that, everybody appeared to be "formally" dresses, in either tux, black or dark suite, evening dress, cocktail dress or formal gown.

Andy

Hey Hei1980!!!

I missed you around here... thought you might have taken another cruise... like back to back... LOL ;-)

Andy

Hey yourself, Andy:

I passed out holding my breath waiting to read your report, which took a long time coming, but was worth the wait.

We do leave on our b-t-b April 3, will take photos of our suite and post them.

R

Hei1980:

LOL... I am sure you changed you color as well? Are you blue or purple?

(from holding your breath that long!) ;-)

Gosh I wish I could go! Would sign up in a heartbeat...

Hey, I wrote my review right away on the next day after we returned and submitted it to CC. I have to check if it is up there yet, but I had to contact them and ask them when the finally will post my review. They said they are a little overloaded with all the review and it'll take a little longer than usual. Well, I submitted it a second time, so we'll see...

That's when I finally posted it as a thread, so that you folks have something to read about... LOL

Enjoy your cruise to the fullest and have a blast!!!

We look forward to your review and comments

Andy

Hei1980:

We look forward to your review and comments

Andy

Andy: Why would I mess with perfection, other than your thoughts on Catalina Island, I am just going write ditto to your review and sign my name.

(Your report was just as we remember it from the last cruise we took on the

Mediterranea)

Rae

Archived