Poker on the Triumph

bluesjack

Hi

First time poster and first time cruiser. I'm taking the Triumph out of New orleans in January.

I'm a recreational poker player and I understand that they don't use dealers on board. How does this work?

Any information on the caliber of play?

Any other tips for a first timer?

thanks in advance

It wasn't for me...

I didn't care for the extremely high rake which, considering they're not paying a dealer, is unnecessary.

Also I didn't care for the overall feel of the game. To me it felt too much like playing online poker. I like touching cards, shuffling chips and some the other little things that one finds at a live table.

FYI: The rake is 10% with a $15 maximum. $50 minimum / $200 maximum to start, and everything is done using your Sail and Sign card. No cash.

Each ship has a different rake..why I don't know.....

I went on the Splendor in May of last year and it was 10% max of $4.75

I went on the Elation in July of last year and it was 10% max $6

Maybe they have a high cost for the machines and they had to up it. I know if they had a rake of more than $6 a hand there would be NO WAY I would play. That is beyond acceptable.

If the rake is that high just stick to the tournaments. Unless the house fees went sky high too. I don't remember the cost but I remember it seemed reasonable.

BTW the players are usually horrible. I play poker (live & online) at least twice a week and would consider myself a winning player. You might find one or max two guys that really know what they are doing. Just stay out of the hand when they are involved unless you have the goods.

Archived