Glasgow to Barcelona flight question

gyork0206

Gonna be early I reckon as it will be on an indirect flight I would have thought.

If it is the full RCI package will prob be via AMS on KLM or Frankfurt/Munich on Lufthansa.

Looking at flights, my guess would be 0600 out of GLA with 4 hour stopover in Amsterdam

as it is a full rccl package I think the flights will probably be on the 4th, don't mind the changes in Frankfurt/Munich as long as it's not heathrow as that's a nightmare, ta did tell us that there may be direct available (let's hope), just wondered about timings, has anyone done this flight before.

Assuming travel out 3 June with return 11 June here are your options at this time

http://www.skyscanner.net/flights/gla/bcn/110603/110611/airfares-from-glasgow-international-to-barcelona-in-june-2011.html

Enjoy!

Why would you assume travelling out 3rd returning on the 11th?

If it is full package then flights will be same day almost certainly, so cruises are

4th, 11th, 18th, 25th, and RCI will not use low cost carriers I wouldn't have thought. They are more likely to use scheduled indirect from my extensive experience.

as it is a full rccl package I think the flights will probably be on the 4th, don't mind the changes in Frankfurt/Munich as long as it's not heathrow as that's a nightmare, ta did tell us that there may be direct available (let's hope), just wondered about timings, has anyone done this flight before.

My guess is Amsterdam

http://www.kayak.co.uk

put in dates and you will see what is brought up.

If you check the times you will see 6 o'clock out of GLA is the most likely option.

RCL do use low cost carriers. They flew us on Jet2 15 or 18 Kg baggage allowance. No online check in. Serving food on the return flight ran out at row 7. Crap.

I know they have on odd occaisions.......which is why I put "I wouldn't have thought"

HOWEVER

In order for direct flights to be offered, there needs to be a direct flighht actually going to Barcelona..................... and there ain't!!!!!! at least not on the dates of the OPs cruise.

Why would you assume travelling out 3rd returning on the 11th?

Easy - OP's countdown clock is for 4 June sailing :p

If it is full package then flights will be same day almost certainly, so cruises are

I chose 3rd because OP had not said flights were through RCI but did say they usually book a hotel beforehand. No big deal for the OP to change the day via the link I offered :rolleyes:

RCI will not use low cost carriers I wouldn't have thought.

Oh yes they do :o

http://www.bestcruisedeal.co.uk/news_detail.asp?newsid=99/Collaboration-between-Royal-Caribbean-and-easyJet

Easy - OP's countdown clock is for 4 June sailing :p

I chose 3rd because OP had not said flights were through RCI but did say they usually book a hotel beforehand. No big deal for the OP to change the day via the link I offered :rolleyes:

Oh yes they do :o

http://www.bestcruisedeal.co.uk/news_detail.asp?newsid=99/Collaboration-between-Royal-Caribbean-and-easyJet

and there are of course, numerous Easyjet flights from Glasgow to BCN............. on either dates.

Through selling cruises to the public over a number of years I have made some assumptions here based on probability, and thus far I think I am correct, although I do recognise that it isn't a given.

Looking at the Skyscanner link you provided there wasn't one direct flight on that either.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received this from my Travel Agent, which is the provisional times for the flights (if anyone else is interested).

04/06/11 Glasgow / Amsterdam 0600/0840, Amsterdam/Barcelona 1005/1215

11/06/11 Barcelona / Amsterdam 1620/1840, Amsterdam/Glasgow 2105/2135

Does this mean we will be last off ship, or does it mean we will be at Barcelona airport for ages before flight??

We had a similar flight time back to Glasgow from barcelona last august. We also booked the barcelona excursion, rather than the late departure. The one thing I would say is that we were dropped off at the airport by midday, so still a long wait at the airport! We were advised we could leave our luggage at the airport and go back to Barcelona as apparently its very quick and easy to get to and from the airport, we never tried it tho, too tired by that point!

We had a similar flight time back to Glasgow from barcelona last august. We also booked the barcelona excursion, rather than the late departure. The one thing I would say is that we were dropped off at the airport by midday, so still a long wait at the airport! We were advised we could leave our luggage at the airport and go back to Barcelona as apparently its very quick and easy to get to and from the airport, we never tried it tho, too tired by that point!

Thanks for that, will keep that in mind. It is quite a long wait at the airport, but used to that after Houston (28 hours in 2003 after transatlantic cruise, because of flooding), now that was a wait.

Archived