?? About Godfrey's Tour

I&MsMom

Hi, all! Thanks for all of your wonderful reviews of Godfrey's tour. I have a couple of questions.

I am undecided about what time to have him pick us up. As I have two small children (2 and 6), hours of shopping is out. What is there to shop for other than fine jewelry? Is it possible to have Godfrey pick me up at 9 or 10, and DH and children at 11? Would we all end up on the same vehicle? (I'm assuming he operates more than one, but you know what they say about assumptions..)

Also, what did you all do about lunch? Eat in town before noon and the sightseeing portion of the tour? Wait until you got to the beach around 2 pm? How winding are the roads? (I don't want my kids getting carsick from having empty stomachs.) Maybe we should have an early room service lunch on the ship? But that would mean eating @ 10:30....Can you take sandwiches off the ship (I know at some ports it is forbidden; I've never been to any of the islands before.)

I appreciate any advice/info you are able to provide. Thanks!

Hi, I see you haven't gotten a reply. We did the Godfrey tour in Oct and it was very nice. We met him at 9 AM and he took us as well as couples from two other ships into town. He goes back again at 10 AM and 11 AM to get others from the dock. We met by 12 noon to do the tour part. At tha ttime you can all join up and be on the same truck. He had a bigger crowd that day and had a lady with another truck. We divided into groups to go on both vehicles.

You may be able to take sealed snack food (granola bars, etc) with you from the ship for the kids to eat. Or you can find something in town. There was one family with two smaller children with them, I'm guessing in the 3-5 age range and they were eating ice cream while we waited to go.

We didn't eat in town or on the tour (not many places to eat on the tour) so we were hungry when we got to the beach and didn't stay, came back to the ship for a late lunch. I would say you need to eat before the tour, either in town or on the ship.

There are a few places to eat downtown...I noticed they have a Subway and I think they had a KFC if you did not want to eat at the local eateries. The tour does not stop anywhere for lunch. On the Carnival Valor last week, it was written in the Capers that you are not allowed to take food off of the ship into the country, but no one was really checking.

The roads to the top of the mountain are very winding, steep and narrow. However, the van is not able to navigate these very fast, so the chances of motion sickness are not as high. The van is open air, so if you have small children, I would recommend seating them in the middle of the seat so they cannot stick arms or legs out of the side.

Hope this helped!

Hi. I see you received a few other responses. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents on Godfrey's tour - it was AWESOME for the price paid - I would certainly not hesitate to recommend this tour for any other people visiting St. Thomas! Hope you and your family have fun!

Let's back up to the food part again! Say we shop from 9-11, grab a bite then meet for the noon tour...how long before food is available? DH is a diabetic and this is a very important issue. Do any of the beaches have restaurants or snack shacks of some sort? Maybe more importantly...which beaches do not?

Thanks

Deb

Let's back up to the food part again! Say we shop from 9-11, grab a bite then meet for the noon tour...how long before food is available? DH is a diabetic and this is a very important issue. Do any of the beaches have restaurants or snack shacks of some sort? Maybe more importantly...which beaches do not?

Thanks

Deb

Deb- Sapphire beach has a covered bar/grill area that several folks on our tour used. You may have some folks in your group that don't want to swim or snorkle, but they can still take in the beauty of the water in some shade with some food and beverages. Also, the stop at the Mountaintop has some food as well.

Archived