How early can we board Paradise

want to cruise

Hi, we all set for our first cruise on 3/11 on the Paradise out of Long Beach. Only 'problem' is that we had to take a very early flight, arriving at LAX at about 8:15. I figured we'd take our time getting off and getting our luggage and then grab a bite to eat. Just wondering how early we should head over to the pier hoping they'll let us on. On the itinerary it shows a boarding time of 5pm. I would assume this is when it leaves, right? Thanks for any info!

Disclaimer: This is assuming no problems with debarkation from the previous cruise. You can't board until they get their sorry behinds on to land.

If you don't waste time in LAX and head directly to the terminal, you'll be getting there a little after early check-in at the Queen Mary opens. After that you'll probably be first to line up for entrance to the dome, which should begin around 12:00-12:30. You can be indulging in the sin of gluttony (on Carnival's dime) on the Lido deck by one-ish.

If you must eat something, there's an Olde English village/tourist trap along side the QM. Someone can hold places while someone else forages. Or pack a little something to eat on the plane.

Your cabins may or may not be ready when you board, in which case you might have to lug your stuff around (hey, that's why it's called "luggage").

Warning: March 11th might be the kind of beautiful spring day that makes it worth putting up with the traffic in LA. Or, it might be pouring like it is right now: we're having record rainfall in LA this year. We had a very pleasant wait (from 10:00 to 12:30) to enter the dome this August, but I don't envy anybody embarking on Paradise tomorrow. (Something about not wanting to be a soggie phroggie?)

Thanks for the responses. I guess it looks like we'll just get our luggage and then head on over. I was just going to pass some time at LAX feeding the boys, etc, bceause I thought we wouldn't be able to go to the pier until closer 1 or 2. I'll definitely check weather before we go just so we aren't standing out in the rain. It's raining here in N. CA as well so hopefully we have good weather on traveling day.

Thanks again!

Archived