Sovereign grand suites?

Has anybody ever booked or seen the GS on the Sovereign since she was refurbished? The reason I ask: although the RCI website says the GS has a balcony, it doesn't list its dimensions (like it does with the other ships), the floorplan diagram doesn't show one, and the room photo only shows windows. Not only that, some other online TA sites don't list a private balcony as one of its amenities. From what I understand, there weren't many (any??) private balconies before the refurbishment.

So, in a nutshell, it's been very hard to get a straight answer. Any eyewitnesses out there??

• 2 weeks later...

I was invited to view the Grand Suite on my last Sovereign cruise. The new balcony is wonderful, its built "outside" the hull so the suite did not lose any interior space. Its large and directly behind the wing bridge so we got to chat with the captain while sailing out of port (a great experience! he even remembered us later at the captains gala!)

Archived