A/C Question about Elation

scrapmamma

After reading some posts about problems with cooling the cabins I have to ask. Anyone that has been on Elation did you notice a problem cooling the inside cabins? We are on the Upper Level far Aft and just wanted to know.

Are there individual thermostat controls inside the rooms? I just need a constant air flow, I might get a battery op little fan to bring with. I would not be happy if the room was too hot inside.

We're sailing in about 20 days! :D

We have been on Elation several times. There is no thermostat to change the temp but there is a knob to control the flow of the air. My husband likes it cool, and let's put it this way, I bring sweats because I freeze! Now, every cabin is probably a bit different, but in 12 cruises, we have, knock wood, never had a A/C issue.

Our room on the Elation was very warm with the vent all the way open. This was the only cruise that we had this problem on. I always bring a fan and it helped some but our room was very warm to say the least. Not sure if the "battery operated" fan would be enough.

We were on the Elation in June of this year, and yes the cabin was a little warmer than some of the other ships cabins. We had the A/C on full air flow, you can only adjust the air flow not the air temp. So on this ship you may sleep on top of the covers not under them. The ship overall is in great shape. If the room temp is a problem just spend more time exploring the ship, and enjoying the views

Leedm :rolleyes::cool:;)

I never noticed a problem on the other Fantasy class ships with that (Fantasy and Sensation). I'm cold natured anyway, so if it's warm it won't bother me. I sleep in long PJ's with a blanket year round. I'm wondering now if it is just the opposite in the winter. We sail in Elation in December so I hope the heater works well in the cabin. Brrrrrrr. :D:D:D

Archived