Help with what to do!!

SurprisingHer

Here are some excerpts from my review i did on the Noordam Cruise...hope this gives you some ideas:D

. The next day I was fine so we went to go and catch the bus…the line was ridiculous so we piled in to a cab to head to La Sagarada Familia which is Gaudi’s church….this is an absolute must do not miss this…I do not often get impressed but this place is incredible both inside and out…the line was long but we were inside in a very short time…we spent about two hours in there…just amazing!!! We then caught another cab up to Parc Rual which is Gaudi’s park for the people…we walked around for another two hours…it was really enjoyable and relaxing…we then jumped in another cab and headed to the Triumph Arch…after that we walked from there back towards Las Ramblas…lunch was some tapas and sangria…the Spanish obviously do not know what small is when it comes to sangria or beer…beware that the drinks are enormous!!!! The cabs were actually quite cheap at about 10 euros per trip….the only time we felt ripped off was when we caught a cab from the port into town…a very short trip and 11 Euros!!!!

Palma de Mallorca was the next port of call we caught the shuttle into town…on the way there is lots of marinas and boats…more than Monaco!!! I would have liked to got off the shuttle and have a look but as it is quite a way into town it is not probably advisable walking unless you are very fit. We headed up to the cathedral to look inside once we got in to town…the cathedral is really interesting and this is where they bury their old kings….we then wandered around the old quarter by doing this we found the old Arab baths…no water….and also admired the general architecture of the town. After a bit of walking we decided we would find out the price of one of the horse and cart rides around the streets…we approached our driver who enthusiastically pulled out his calculator to negotiate price…$120 euros for 45 minutes….no way!!! We started to walk away…okay he says 80 Euros…no way…alright 60…no we say 40 he says 50 and we settle on 45 Euros for 30 minutes…a big laugh and I am sure we could have got it for less but who cares….so we climbed on board and off we went…it is truelly amazing how the horse and carriage can negotiate such narrow streets…some so narrow people had to climb into doorways…it was money well spent and we had a lot of fun. Palma de Mallorca is also well known for its pearls…they are cheap and well worth looking at and buying…I think like all jewellery that some is better than others but I am not concerned about making money on them I just wanted some to wear…yep I did get some.

Archived