EPIC review (Oct 16th - Oct 23) Very Long

coffeebean

Great review! Sounds like we were on the same cruise! (yeah, I KNOW that we were, I was being funny!)

Nice meeting you!:D

Nice meeting you too. How did you enjoy your spa suite??? Did you have special access to the spa and if not, do they plan to change that in the future? We took a tour of the spa and it was so beautiful and serene. I didn't see the suana rooms or the steam rooms. Do they have windows with ocean views?

The view from the steam rooms was amazing. If it wasn't so damned hot in there I would have hung out all day. :)

1327-vi.jpg

1328-vi.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, Mike. The view is beautiful. We had a spa pass on Gem or Pearl and the steam room and suanas also had views of the sea. I loved it.

Thanks for the pictures, Mike. The view is beautiful. We had a spa pass on Gem or Pearl and the steam room and suanas also had views of the sea. I loved it.

You're welcome. I hate saunas, but the view was so nice that I forced myself to spend about 5 minutes in there. If I had known the public restroom on 15 had the same amazing view I might have hung out there instead. lol :)

You're welcome. I hate saunas, but the view was so nice that I forced myself to spend about 5 minutes in there. If I had known the public restroom on 15 had the same amazing view I might have hung out there instead. lol :)

I didn't know that...never did use the public restroom on the pool deck. What a great idea.

Hello Coffeebean,

Thank you for such an informative and balanced preview of Epic. We are booked for 12-4-10, and are getting more excited as the date gets closer.

First day on as a member.....Never posted before..... a little unnerving. Haven't yet figured out how to register for the M&G...

Real question: My DH and I love to cruise and love to dance. We've had great fun on other NCL ships and just assumed that the Epic would have dance floors and dance bands. I've read many reviews, but can't find much on opportunities and venues for us to dance aboard the Epic.

Do you have any information on this question?

In advance, Thank you to you and any others who may reply. :)

Hello Coffeebean,

Thank you for such an informative and balanced preview of Epic. We are booked for 12-4-10, and are getting more excited as the date gets closer.

First day on as a member.....Never posted before..... a little unnerving. Haven't yet figured out how to register for the M&G...

Real question: My DH and I love to cruise and love to dance. We've had great fun on other NCL ships and just assumed that the Epic would have dance floors and dance bands. I've read many reviews, but can't find much on opportunities and venues for us to dance aboard the Epic.

Welcome to cruise critic. Re the meet and greet - below is link to first page of the thread for your 12/4/10 roll call. You have to be signed in to cruise critic to read the roll call threads. Read through the posts and you'll find info about people sailing with you and info on the meet and greet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=964360

DH and I aren't dancers so can't help you with that part of your question. We loved our Epic cruise - hope you feel the same when you return.

Hello Coffeebean,

The only venue with a dance band is the Manhattan Club with a band that plays the Big Band sound. Personally, I loved the band and I love the 40s music they played. This restaurant is a main restaurant, however, and I really don't know if you can be seated at a table just to dance. The fact that there are no other dance bands around the ship in the evenings is one of the criticisms I read from one reviewer. DH and I don't dance so we really didn't miss not having a live band in any other venue other than the main restaurant.

There are theme parties at night with a DJ. Folks have said the parties are fun but I really can't comment about them as we didn't go to any of them. I would imagine folks dance to the DJ's music. I know...it's not the same as a dance band.

Have a great time on your up coming cruise. You are going to enjoy all that EPIC has to offer.

Hi Coffeebean,

Thank you for your reply to my question. But your reply raises another question--

I know how efficiently the restaurant staff generally keep the courses flowing and can't fathom how a couple could dance while their dinner is served. From your experience, did you see people dancing while you were at dinner? Did you see anyone or a group hold on to a table after their meal was complete so that they could dance?

We have few opportunities to dance and one of the major joys in cruising is dancing---get away, meet new people, snorkel, eat.....you know...:)

I don't doubt that we will enjoy the fantastic entertainment that the Epic offers, but in the future, we will be more careful in checking out cruises before booking.

Thanks again,

Florida Duo

We sat near the band one night and got up to dance while waiting. There was a couple who was there to dance and they seemed to be there for the night. The wait staff seemed to keep an eye on who was not at their table.

Hi Coffeebean,

Thank you for your reply to my question. But your reply raises another question--

I know how efficiently the restaurant staff generally keep the courses flowing and can't fathom how a couple could dance while their dinner is served. From your experience, did you see people dancing while you were at dinner? Did you see anyone or a group hold on to a table after their meal was complete so that they could dance?

We have few opportunities to dance and one of the major joys in cruising is dancing---get away, meet new people, snorkel, eat.....you know...:)

I don't doubt that we will enjoy the fantastic entertainment that the Epic offers, but in the future, we will be more careful in checking out cruises before booking.

Thanks again,

Florida Duo

I wish I could answer your questions about holding a table after the meal is completed but I didn't notice if there were folks who did that. I did notice, however, there were a few couples dancing. I would imagine you could let your server know if you wanted to stay to dance after your meal was complete. Don't know what they would do if there were people waiting to be seated for dinner. We didn't dance...just listened to the music while we dined. The second set we listened to, Bernie Martini, the crooner, sang with the band. He was great.

Archived