Name of Pastry Shop in Old San Juan

gooselover

DH and I just came back from Liberty of the Seas. We discovered a pastry shop there that was the best we have ever had. It was also a restaurant. It wasn't too far off from the ship, but still in the city. Evidently, Samantha Brown did a segment on this pastry shop.

Anybody know the name of the pastry shop/restaurant?

Does anyone know what time they open? I want to eat there 2 weeks from tomorrow (a Saturday) before embarkation starts bc my flight lands super early that day :) Hopefully they'll have some space for me to put my suitcase, even if it's just under my table haha

How bad is the wait for La Bombonera? In guide books it says they take reservations - do they for breakfast?

When we were there in 07 we didn't wait that long, maybe 10 min. It is a small diner, definately whole in the wall kind of place with food to die for!!!!! Yes they do breakfast. They have a specialty sandwich that I can't think of the name, but it was great.

We are staying in OSJ for three nights in March and I hope to eat there once or twice, and maybe do bakery takeout once also.:D

Archived