Quest from Venice 06 Nov

scotship

Our e docs still show a departure from Marittima however San Basilio has been suggested?? I haven't had much success from Azamara in the UK so can anyone let me know where we're leaving from!!

On our September cruise, our documents showed Marittima but the Venice Port Authority site showed San Basilio. There was much discussion on our roll call. Azamara insisted that they were right. I went with the Port Authority's listing. The day before the cruise, Azamara sent out a correction, which was too late for the people who had already left.

I suggest you check the Port Authority site. Google Venice Passenger Terminal and look at the Ships Calendar link. It shows San Basilio. (I tried to post the link but it didn't work.)

nb: Docking locations can change depending on traffic, weather, etc.

We were in Venice on the Quest this spring and we found two churches close to the dock. As I recall, we attended the 9:30 a.m. Mass at one of these churches. Walking to San Marco and back will take you much longer and could cause a timing problem.

Our e docs still show a departure from Marittima however San Basilio has been suggested?? I haven't had much success from Azamara in the UK so can anyone let me know where we're leaving from!!

Hi Scotship !

We've had several questions about this. When I asked Azamara about it several weeks ago, I was told it was San Basilo, which turned out to be accurate. I will ask again for your particular sailing, and see what I can find out. It will probably take a few days to get an answer. Please keep checking this thread. Thanks !

Thanks, Shoesonfire, I [perhaps foolishly?] signed up for a shore excursion to Murano/Burano at 9 am so I looked for early Masses and the only church I could find with a Mass early enuf was at San Marco, so wondering if I can make that in time, first Sunday Mass is at 7 there. Anybody know?

--------------

Helen

It is about a 1/2 hour walk to San Marco from San Basilio, so I think you'd be cutting it awfully close to get back in time for your shore excursion, since you'll have to meet 15 minutes before your departure. You can also take the water taxi but I don't think that is much faster, as the route from San Basilio to San Marco goes across the lagoon to San Georgio and therefore takes almost as much time as walking.

It is about a 1/2 hour walk to San Marco from San Basilio, so I think you'd be cutting it awfully close to get back in time for your shore excursion, since you'll have to meet 15 minutes before your departure. You can also take the water taxi but I don't think that is much faster, as the route from San Basilio to San Marco goes across the lagoon to San Georgio and therefore takes almost as much time as walking.

A water taxi and a vaparetto are very different. A water taxi is a private boat that will take you wherever you want to go directly, like a taxi on land. The vaparetto is the public water transportation that operates on a fixed route. Using a water taxi is VERY expensive.

Piscean: Can you tell me how long it took to walk to San Marco from San Basilio? I believe Quest will be berthed there on Nov 6 and I am thinking of trying to get to the 7 am Mass on Sunday. (and back to the ship by 9) Thanks

---------------

Helen

Hi Helen

I would allow 20 mins at a reasonable pace (you want to enjoy Venice as well) but if your fit (we are only compentent pensioners) you could do it in 10 mins. That's if you berth at San Basilio! Otherwise its 30 mins.

Carol

Archived