Outlet adapter

Dear fellow cruisers!

Can one of you help me with the following: I guess the electrical voltage onboard the NCCL cruise ships is North American standard 110AC. Since I am from Europe, my chargers for laptop, camera, etc is 220AC. Is it possible to buy an outlet adapter onboard the Liberty of the Seas?

Thanks in advance!

2 things:

1. The 220 outlet is standard European [two round posts], so if your plugs are any different [like the British type for example], you will need an adapter [just an adapter -- not a converter].

2. Many charging devices for cameras/laptops, etc can operate on either 110 or 220 [it should say on the device]. If that is the case, bring an adapter or two so you can plug your chargers into the 110 outlets. That way you can use all three outlets instead of just one.

Just for clarification, they use the European type plug, which has the two round plugs, and the ground on the edge of the plug (top and bottom).

On the Enchantment this July, I measured the hertz, and every thing ran at 60Hz (even the 220VAC plug.)

That should be no problem for most chargers, but will play havoc with a clock.

Aloha,

John

Archived