Ship review.... The Jade along the Med

smoothdancer

Hi all...

Here is the beginnings of my review of the Jade...

We have been home a month now since doing a Med cruise on the Jade. This was a trip in a lifetime....

So far I have journaled our pre stay in Barcelona and a lot of review pictures on the Jade... Anyone can read this review who is interested in this ship expereince.... My next segment will be just about Med ports...

Hope you enjoy.. If there is anything you are interested in, just ask and I will put it into the review as I proceed....

Happy reading!! Follow my link and click on the Jade.

http://justcruisin-sv.com/CruiseShips/NCL%20table%20of%20contents.htm

Loved your review! We were on the Jade in August/08 for a 2 week Med cruise. Your pictures and review brought back wonderful memories. Can't wait for the port review/pictures!

Wonderful review, thank you! We are on the Jade in March and not having cruised NCL before we now have a better idea what to expect! We have a mini suite booked, which appears to be a slightly extended standard cabin - is that the case?

Wonderful review, thank you! We are on the Jade in March and not having cruised NCL before we now have a better idea what to expect! We have a mini suite booked, which appears to be a slightly extended standard cabin - is that the case?

Yes, a mini-suite is really just a larger standard cabin. The main differences are that the mini-suites have a bath tub with a shower over (just a shower in a balcony cabin) and there is a curtain between the bed and the sofa which is good if there are more than two sharing the cabin.

Smoothdancer- thank you for your review. It was so enjoyable to read and view the accompanying photos.

I was supposed to be sailing the Jade in November but circumstances prohibited it. Instead I vicariously enjoyed the Jade through your lovely review. I am hoping to sail her in 2011.

Thanks much.

I am so glad you all enjoyed.

I am lucky that husband is a programmer so I can re-live my cruise vacations easy using our own website, without "clicking" elsewhere. For me I love that I have a permanent place to record our memories....

We too are very "amatuar" photographers and come home with great pictures of our vacation....Today I just started to edit our picutres to share with you all of the med ports. Hang in there all, you will so not be dissapointed with our picture review of the ports.... Still after a month home we are still talking about what a vacation of a lifetime we had. The ture test of a vacation, when one month later you are still in awe....

Who said... I am so glad you made us a favorite.... Every cruise vacation ends with me doing a write up on our website.... I am glad you may find information on our website of different lines.... I do however suggest that you read our review of the Hawaii Princess cruise.... This one is the most heartfelt reviews I have ever written.... This is the cruise I was taken off of the ship due to illness and left in Mexico....

Will post back when I have new pages to read....

Dear Smooth--

I was going to try to send you a private message but could not figure out how. I see that you have done a lot of Med cruises. We are flying out from Germany to whatever port we opt to leave from, and wondering a few things since you are very experienced.

Would you suggest, if we are people that have already been to Barcelona, to fly right to one of the Eastern Med Cities and start the cruise there?

I thought about that a few times, especially if the ships themselves are nicer, and we could end up 'on' the ship for less time. Being on a ship for 12 days seems like a lot to me (that could change) but we do want to see Egypt, Turkey and Greece.

What would be your suggestion? Which NCL ship was your favorite ship wise?

• 1 month later...

Nice revie of jade where are rest of trip comments

Hi all...

Here is the beginnings of my review of the Jade...

We have been home a month now since doing a Med cruise on the Jade. This was a trip in a lifetime....

So far I have journaled our pre stay in Barcelona and a lot of review pictures on the Jade... Anyone can read this review who is interested in this ship expereince.... My next segment will be just about Med ports...

Hope you enjoy.. If there is anything you are interested in, just ask and I will put it into the review as I proceed....

Happy reading!! Follow my link and click on the Jade.

http://justcruisin-sv.com/CruiseShips/NCL%20table%20of%20contents.htm

• 2 months later...

are you going to add med ports soon?

Jim

I am so glad you all enjoyed.

I am lucky that husband is a programmer so I can re-live my cruise vacations easy using our own website, without "clicking" elsewhere. For me I love that I have a permanent place to record our memories....

We too are very "amatuar" photographers and come home with great pictures of our vacation....Today I just started to edit our picutres to share with you all of the med ports. Hang in there all, you will so not be dissapointed with our picture review of the ports.... Still after a month home we are still talking about what a vacation of a lifetime we had. The ture test of a vacation, when one month later you are still in awe....

Who said... I am so glad you made us a favorite.... Every cruise vacation ends with me doing a write up on our website.... I am glad you may find information on our website of different lines.... I do however suggest that you read our review of the Hawaii Princess cruise.... This one is the most heartfelt reviews I have ever written.... This is the cruise I was taken off of the ship due to illness and left in Mexico....

Will post back when I have new pages to read....

Archived