RCCL Crown & Anchor and Celebrity's Captains Club programs

redcat72

I was just reviewing the Crown and Anchor's benefit's page tonight, and saw this new statement under Platinum level benefits:

*NEW! Receive matching Captain's Club

member recognition when you sail our sister line, Celebrity Cruises®

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/enrollment/home.do;jsessionid=0000WtCJYLsDjk7TgeMzxNpkUG7:v2mocbr0

And I found this on Celebrity's website:

Introducing Equivalent Recognition

Miami - (January 01, 2005 ) - Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean International have launched a new program offering members of their Loyalty programs Equivalent Recognition when they sail on either brand. Equivalent Recognition offers members of the top two tier levels of the programs the opportunity to sail on the sister brand and receive benefits based on their highest tier level between the brands. For example, an Elite Captain's Club member who sails onboard a Royal Caribbean ship will receive the benefits of a Diamond Crown & Anchor member and vise versa. Select/Elite Captain's Club members and Platinum/Diamond Crown & Anchor members who have never sailed on the sister brand can easily enroll in the sister's brands program at their equal tier by simply calling the Loyalty Call Center at 1 800 760-0654. The benefits of the two programs will stay independent and the number of sailing's a member has accrued on each brand will not be combined.

http://www.celebrity.com/captainsclub/whatsnew/details.do;jsessionid=0000vK5sjKrTQW1I0QDSo87hpjM:1028etqv2?pagename=whats_new_details&event_date=2005-01-01&event_type=captains_club&sequence_code=A

So, it sounds like the benefits will be interchangable between cruise lines - at least from Platinum level up... But it looks like a Celebrity cruise won't count towards your Crown & Anchor membership level, and visa versa.

I've been wanting to try Celebrity as well - guess we'll do that as soon as we reach Platinum level!

I'm still not sure exactly how the two programs work together. During our last cruise the loyalty ambassador talked about it but it was confusing. I was led to believe that when you join the Celebrity program you are given the same benefits equivalent to your C&A membership. When you cruise on Celebrity you are only accumulating cruise credits on the Celebrity program and when you cruise on RCI you are only accumulating credits for Crown and Anchor.

The confusing part was that when you sail on Celebrity you have to accumulate the free credits up to your C&A level when you joined. I'll try to give a simple example.

Example: If you are C&A Platinum (5 cruises) when you join Celebrity then you are receive benefits on Celebrity as if you have 5 cruises towards their program. Since you joined Celebrity at the 5 cruise platinum level you will continue to receive equivalent 5 cruise benefits on Celebrity until you cruise 5 times on Celebrity and after that you continue to accumulate additional cruises towards the next level on the celebrity program. So for cruises 1-5 on celebrity you receive benefits equivalent to 5 Celebrity cruises (because of your platinum C&A status). Your 6th Celebrity cruise and subsequent cruises on Celebrity continue your accumulation on Celebrity until you reach the next Celebrity level. If the next Celebrity level is 10 then you still have to cruise 10 times on Celebrity to move up to the next status on Celebrity (regardless of how many additional RCI cruises you have after you joined Celebrity)

I hope this makes sense. Is this how everyone else understands or did we misunderstand how the loyalty ambassador was describing it?

Loyalty Ambassador on the Voyager two weeks ago explained it like this.

Once you reach Platinum (or higher) on RCCL, you will receive the same benefits while sailing on Celebrity. This means robes, use of private lounges etc. Your Celebrity cruise will NOT count as a cruise taken under RCCL. And, prior to taking your first Celebrity cruise you must enrol in the Captain's Club (this is not done automatically when you book a cruise).

We are platinum on RCCL and booked a Panama cruise on Celebrity while onboard, so I paid close attention to what she said. Once we've taken our Celebrity Panama cruise, the # of RCCL cruises we've taken will not increase, and we will have one Celebrity cruise under our belt (well actually 3 Celebrity cruises due to the length of the cruise and the fact we booked a suite).

Have I really confused you now?

Hey Rick and Sue,

Which Celebrity Panama cruise are you doing and when? Are you doing the Galaxy out of Galveston? If so, you will love it. Or, are you going all othe way from Florida to the West Coast? Let us know so we can possibly sail at the same time as you do.

Regards from us both!

We are platinum on RCCL and booked a Panama cruise on Celebrity while onboard, so I paid close attention to what she said. Once we've taken our Celebrity Panama cruise, the # of RCCL cruises we've taken will not increase, and we will have one Celebrity cruise under our belt (well actually 3 Celebrity cruises due to the length of the cruise and the fact we booked a suite).

Hi Rick and Sue,

I found your thread where you said you were sailing on the Infinity in April next year. Are you guys going with Karen and Roy? What type of suite did you book. Karen said she wanted to go on Princess but I thought you were all going together. We would love to sail the Canal with you guys and wind up in San Francisco.

Let us know your plans.

Hello Karen & Bob,

We have put a deposit on Infinity Cruise for Apri 2006, going through to canal and up to San Francisco. Yes, we want to cruise with Karen & Roy, and we'd be delighted if the two of you could also join us. Our first choice is, of course, sailing on RCCL (Radiance would be perfect), however, we are open to any and all suggestions. I believe Karen P has contacted you in the hopes of finding the perfect cruise for us.

Warm regards,

Rick & Sue

I have sailed on Celebrity 4 times, so I am a "Classic" member in their Captain's Club program. I am also Platinum in RCCL's C&A program.

About 2 weeks ago I received a new Captain's Club card in the mail from Celebrity upgrading my status with them from "Classic" to "Select" -- Celebrity's level equivalent to RCCL's Platinum.

So it seems if you have already sailed on both lines they will automatically update your status and send you a new card.

- PAGA

Archived