Sail Card

A little confused about something would like some help. I have sailed before with Carnival and when you got on the boat you would go add money or a credit card to your sail card for things you purchase on the ship. I am leaving out on Monday with RCCL for the first time but I have been told that you do not have to put money or a credit card on there that whatever you purchase while on the ship you just settle up at the end of your cruise. Is this right or do you have to put money or a card to use while on board?

At the end of the cruise you can settle your on board bill by either paying with cash or having it put on your credit card. You have to secure your on board account with a credit card but they won't charge it until the end of the cruise if you don't pay with cash.

If you don't have a credit card to secure the on board account they may ask you to put a cash deposit down, but I'm not sure, I have always used a credit card.

When you check in at the terminal, you will be asked for a credit card / debit card / cask to link to your SeaPass card for onboard purchases. I've always linked mine to a credit card. The person checking you in will ask for your card and scan it to verify that it is active. I'm not sure about the process if you want to use cash. I don't know if you give cash to the person at the terminal or if you wait until you board and pay at the guest relations desk. I think there is a minimum amount but I'm not positive. I know you have to go to guest relations to add additional cash to your account if you use up what you have already deposited.

At the end of the cruise, I got a statement with a breakdown of all my purchases while onboard and the amount charged to my credit card.

Archived