Possible hurricane sailing 11/6

atrame

Our family is sailing on Navigator of the Seas on 11/6 to caymans and cozemel. Looks like the storm is heading straight there. Wondering how bad the motions on the ship will be. Have a family of 11 people (both elderly and 9ys and up) will be? One person has trouble with sea sickness on small boats. Also, where would they relocate our ship?

Our family is sailing on Navigator of the Seas on 11/6 to caymans and cozemel. Looks like the storm is heading straight there. Wondering how bad the motions on the ship will be. Have a family of 11 people (both elderly and 9ys and up) will be? One person has trouble with sea sickness on small boats. Also, where would they relocate our ship?

From what I am seeing it looks like it will be in that area around Thursday, so hopefully it will be well out of the way by the time you sail on Saturday. Just be sure you have some medication for sea sickness because you can have some choppy seas whether there's a storm or not.

I would not worry too much about this storm because they do NOT sail ships into hurricanes. It is very possible that you will not even be aware a storm has been in the area.

I think it is too soon to guess how a 11/6 cruise departure may or may not be affected. a lot can happen in a week during hurricane season. Often the decision to divert or not are made just before departure and some decisions are made during the cruise. the captain will keep the ship and guests safe.

Of course you should take seasickness meds and some Ginger candies. You can get rough seas with or without a storm.

From what I am seeing it looks like it will be in that area around Thursday, so hopefully it will be well out of the way by the time you sail on Saturday. Just be sure you have some medication for sea sickness because you can have some choppy seas whether there's a storm or not.

I would not worry too much about this storm because they do NOT sail ships into hurricanes. It is very possible that you will not even be aware a storm has been in the area.

I'm sailing out of San Juan on the Southern CAribbean itinerary on 11/7. I can't read these weather things to save my life! Any idea if it will be affected or should it be gone by then? I mean it already hit Barbados right?

I'm sailing out of San Juan on the Southern CAribbean itinerary on 11/7. I can't read these weather things to save my life! Any idea if it will be affected or should it be gone by then? I mean it already hit Barbados right?

I understand that you are concerned. I watch the forecast when my sailings approach. but it is just too soon to know where the hurricane will be next weekend. here is a link to the national hurricane center's most recent forecast. the dots show where they think the hurricane is most likely to be each day now thru Thursday, but it could be anywhere within the big cone as hurricanes turn, speed up slow down, etc. notice that by Thursday, the cone is hundreds of miles wide, and the NHC has not even projected for Next Saturday or Sunday yet. Keep watching the website as your sailing grows closer. hopefully it will be long gone.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/143214.shtml?5-daynl#contents

any reports of damage to any of the island yet??? I know Barbados was suppose to get hit today.

Wonder about the Serenade sailing out of San Juan tomorrow?? It is suppose to go from San Juan to Curacao, with a day at sea on monday. I would assume that would be right in the heart of the storm and they would change things up.

Any other ships in the area?? Nothing on the RCI site yet.

any reports of damage to any of the island yet??? I know Barbados was suppose to get hit today.

Wonder about the Serenade sailing out of San Juan tomorrow?? It is suppose to go from San Juan to Curacao, with a day at sea on monday. I would assume that would be right in the heart of the storm and they would change things up.

Any other ships in the area?? Nothing on the RCI site yet.

it seems odd that there are no travel advisory changes.

This must be a good thing too, right? "

All tropical storm warnings related to Tomas have been canceled. "

Looks like Tomas has weakened, but I believe they say it may strengthen again.

I wonder if we'll have a lot of turbulence when we fly in to San Juan from Atlanta on Saturday 11/6 - I think our flight path would be in Tomas's predicted area. I'm sure the pilot wouldn't take us thru a hurricane/tropical storm :eek:, but I would think that the area around it would have unstable air, as well.

We will be on the same cruise have been watching and it looks like we will not have it to bad Tomas is suppose to turn buy thursday and get out of our way. Hope you have a great cruise this is the week if you havent checked out our meet and mingle yet stop in we are all metting at the pool bar 3pm on departure day. Happy sailing this will be our first cruise cant wait storm or no storm :p

Looks like Tomas has weakened, but I believe they say it may strengthen again.

I wonder if we'll have a lot of turbulence when we fly in to San Juan from Atlanta on Saturday 11/6 - I think our flight path would be in Tomas's predicted area. I'm sure the pilot wouldn't take us thru a hurricane/tropical storm :eek:, but I would think that the area around it would have unstable air, as well.

I'll be on the same cruise as you guys. I have a feeling this storm is going to die down and go away.

They will adjust the course to avoid the bad weather, even if that means skipping all the ports. I have a friend that was on a "hurricane" cruise and they spent 6 days at sea in calm clear weather and then stopped at Nassau on the way back it. They don't like to change the itinerary but that is the safe thing to do.

I don't know if it's okay to post this or not - but here are some pics of the damage on St. Lucia.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=239477&id=123712035193

Thanks for posting these. Brings back, not so good, memories of Hurricane Katrina. Both my neice and nephew lost every thing they owned to that storm.

I don't know if it's okay to post this or not - but here are some pics of the damage on St. Lucia.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=239477&id=123712035193

Wow. That's sad. Is this city near Castries? For example, after that horrific earthquake in Haiti, RC was still taking passengers to Labadee cause it wasn't damaged.

Archived