Cabin question on enchantment

Dave4120

Hello...We will be on the Enchantment in April and for only the 2nd time out of our 18 cruises, we decided to do an Inside Cabin.

It appears to me from the deck plan diagram on the RCCL website that cabin 8619 might be a tad wider than cabin 8573, but also a bit shorter in length.

I understand from the information that all cabins in this category are the same size, but when we did an inside on Princess recently, the cabin we chose also showed that it was slightly larger from the diagram example AND, when we got on the ship, it actually was 10 square feet bigger, even though the information said it was the same size as all other inside cabins of the same category.

It doesn't sound like much, but that little bit of extra space made a big difference.

Has anyone even stayed in either one of the above cabins, or know if one might be just a bit larger than the other as the deck plan would indicate?

Thanks

Dave

I stayed in 8577 on the Enchantment, which is right next door to 8573. I can't speak to 8619, but I can tell you this: 8573 is in the new section (the "stretch" part of the ship), so it's likely to be a bit more modern than 8619. For that reason alone, I would go with 8573.

Thanks Bus Man for that great information. I knew that the ship was renovated, but never paid attention as to what cabin might have benefitted from the stretch, etc. and which cabins remained part of the original ship.

Dave

we just got off the enchantment yesterday and stayed in room 8619.

sorry, but I can't compare size - note this was a 'sideways' room.

insides are small but we like the layout of the sideways room.

It only had a chair - not sure if the others have the little sofa.

this room also still had the older small TV - not sure which rooms have the flatscreens.

The location was great! close to the stairs, up one deck to the pools, etc.

I stayed in 8577 on the Enchantment, which is right next door to 8573. I can't speak to 8619, but I can tell you this: 8573 is in the new section (the "stretch" part of the ship), so it's likely to be a bit more modern than 8619. For that reason alone, I would go with 8573.

busman- do you know the area of the ship that is stretched, therefore "new"? We were in #3100 this year and thought it would be the new section, it wasn't-next May we are in #3556- close to the area you said would be stretched. Do you know if #3556 is in the new section?

We are on 7060 a D1 was that updated and what would you say about that room??

Hello....I did confirm that room 8573 is a newer cabin from the stretch renovation of the ship. So, we switched our cabin from 8619 to 8573. I do not know about any other cabins except for the one section that our new cabin is located at. I would assume that all cabins in that particular area on all decks would be part of that stretch refurb.

Hopefully others who have been on the Enchantment can also comment. If anyone is cruising after April 11th on the Enchantment, I can comment further and try to provide more information after we return from our cruise in the Spring.

busman- do you know the area of the ship that is stretched, therefore "new"? We were in #3100 this year and thought it would be the new section, it wasn't-next May we are in #3556- close to the area you said would be stretched. Do you know if #3556 is in the new section?

Here's how you can tell which part of the ship is the stretched section: on Deck 8, it's the part of the ship in the middle that has the D1 cabins (shown in purple on the website), which also includes the six interior rooms within that area. The only way I know to tell about the other decks would be to print out the deck plans and line them up side by side (using the elevators as a reference point), and then see which areas fall within the same part of the ship as the D1 cabins on Deck 8. Remember that the stretched section includes both the interiors and the exteriors within that area.

There's probably an easier way to do it, but unfortunately, I don't know what it is.

Archived