Is There Any Type of Transport off Pier...Nassau

gram2trips

My husband uses a power chair but cannot go to BL with it. I am trying to find out if there is any type transport he can get from ship to taxi stand?? If there is then he can use my rollator. He can walk short distances but that is all. Are w/c available to use for a day in port from the ship???

My husband uses a power chair but cannot go to BL with it. I am trying to find out if there is any type transport he can get from ship to taxi stand?? If there is then he can use my rollator. He can walk short distances but that is all. Are w/c available to use for a day in port from the ship???

When we were there in March there was I think a small golf-cart type vehicle that took people from the ships up to the area where the taxis were, but I'm not sure how you arrange it (or if you even have to do it in advance). Maybe try emailing or calling someone from your ship who works to assist people with special needs. Or google the port authority, maybe? Sorry I can't be of much help, but I do know there is something available! I work with people with special needs so I pay more attention to that type of thing than most people.

Also, if you're going to Blue Lagoon you should be able to travel with the group from the ship so a ferry picks you up much closer to the ships. We emailed and asked to do this and they were fine with it, but if you want to go earlier then you'll have to take a taxi. Your husband will still need to use the special transportation but it should be able to take him to where the ferry leaves. Maybe the people from Blue Lagoon can help you arrange it or would know who to contact.

Archived