Any News About Riviera?

MightyQuinn

I checked all the usual places for info - O website, Facebook, O blog - but found nothing new about Riviera. I'm sure most of the focus is on Marina right now but I'm still curious. Is Riviera on track to debut in April 2012? Anyone with any insider scoop? Do tell!

This was also on the same newsletter by: Johanna Jainchill November 02, 2010

Oceania Cruises did not exercise its option to build a third Oceania-class ship. In March 2007, Oceania commissioned Italian shipyard Fincantieri to build two $500 million, 1,258-passenger ships with an option for a third. One year ago, Fincantieri agreed to give Oceania a 12-month extension to decide whether to build the third vessel; the option expired in October.

The first Oceania-class ship, the Marina, is scheduled to enter service in February. The Riviera is slated to debut in 2012.

Oceania declined to comment on why they are not building a third one

Thanks for posting this article A Knitter. It's the only recent reference I've been able to find about Riviera. Assuming the ship debuts in April 2012 as planned, I expect that inaugural itineraries will be released soon. I'll go with 'no news is good news' for now.

Thanks for posting this article A Knitter. It's the only recent reference I've been able to find about Riviera. Assuming the ship debuts in April 2012 as planned, I expect that inaugural itineraries will be released soon. I'll go with 'no news is good news' for now.

Hopefully those lucky souls who are on the Marina in January will be able to report as I am sure there will be an announcement by the Captain as to their progress. :)

Archived