Miami Embarkation

cruising maniac

Our tickets say boarding is 2pm but that seems pretty late to me. Would love to hear others thoughts and experiences on when you were able to board in Miami. Also, our concierge benefits say early embarkation but doesn't list an earlier time. Thanks for the replys regarding boarding times in Miami.:D

Celebrity cruise tickets usually say not to board more than three hours before sailing, so if your sailing is at 5:00, the 2:00 time you are being quoted is according to what they would like to see. Reality is that they will let you on the ship usually between 11 and 12, if there have been no problems with customs or disembarkation from the previous week's passengers. I don't recommend trying to get on any earlier than that, since your room will not be ready and there isn't that many places to go because they are still trying to clean the ship from the last sailing. I also do not recommend waiting until two or three hours before sailing unless you enjoy standing in longer lines than necessary. DW and I usually get to the terminal around noon for a 5:00 sailing and take no longer than 15 or 20 minutes to be onboard.

Archived