my cruise on the Fantasy

RA603

We returned yesterday from our 5 night cruise on the Fantasy out of Charleston to the Bahamas. Overall we had a great time. We were in an ocean view room on the Riviera deck. Our steward took excellent care of us! Always clean, kept the ice bucket full, left towel animals and chocolates every evening.

Dining was good. Our waiters, from the Philippines, China, and Macedonia, were the best- so friendly and attentive.. We had late dining in the Jubilee. Guests were dressed very nicely! Especially on elegant night. The maitre d was the very handsome Nikola. The odd thing was our big table with only three couples assigned to it. There was a table of fun loving ladies next to us who kept us entertained. I was a little taken aback at first by the 'show' but quickly grew to love it! I should have passed on the chicken a la grecque but prime rib and salmon and thanksgiving turkey and grilled shrimp were very good. I quickly learned to follow the head waiter's recommendation. The warm melting chocolate cake was ok but I liked the raspberry cake much better.

We had breakfast most mornings in the Celebration dining room. Eggs benedict was very good, as was the smoked salmon. Lunch on Lido deck was fine- very nice salad bar and I liked the shrimp quesadillas on Mexican day. My husband really liked the mongolian grill.

I took the spa tour the first day, but didn't win the raffle. I did get a discount on a facial though and it was very nice. All the posts I read here about tipping, and didn't remember anything about tipping at the spa. I gave her about 15% - I don't know if that was ok or not. I bought some products, and never got the reorder card she said she would get to me, so maybe it wasn't enough.

And speaking of tipping, didn't remember anything here about tipping the maitre d either. I wasn't sure what was appropriate,

We walked around Nassau on our own a little. Lots of traffic and it was hot. But enjoyed seeing the Queens Staircase and the Fort. Then we shopped and went to the ship for lunch and a nap.

In Freeport we did the jeep excursion. It was fun. I thought we would see a cave, but didn't. Off road through the sand, twice, was a rough ride. Loved the Garden of the Grove and the beach. And the guide Mark was very interesting and shared a lot about the island. And we saw a lobster fisherman and his catch.

We enjoyed the two shows very much. And the farewell party! OMG! The drinks kept coming. We also toured the galley and that was pretty cool.

I liked the island music from Laws and my husband liked Tim's guitar. And we went to the comedy club once- very funny! And very popular, so go early.

I only went swimming once, and had saved the slide for the second day at sea, but it was too cold.

Charleston was a lovely city but the pier area was somewhat strange! It was hard to figure out how to get to it, and was a convoluted ride, but once there it went very smoothly. Leaving was sad but easier. Next time, we'll do self assist. It was a great week.

We returned yesterday from our 5 night cruise on the Fantasy out of Charleston to the Bahamas. Overall we had a great time. We were in an ocean view room on the Riviera deck. Our steward took excellent care of us! Always clean, kept the ice bucket full, left towel animals and chocolates every evening.

Dining was good. Our waiters, from the Philippines, China, and Macedonia, were the best- so friendly and attentive.. We had late dining in the Jubilee. Guests were dressed very nicely! Especially on elegant night. The maitre d was the very handsome Nikola. The odd thing was our big table with only three couples assigned to it. There was a table of fun loving ladies next to us who kept us entertained. I was a little taken aback at first by the 'show' but quickly grew to love it! I should have passed on the chicken a la grecque but prime rib and salmon and thanksgiving turkey and grilled shrimp were very good. I quickly learned to follow the head waiter's recommendation. The warm melting chocolate cake was ok but I liked the raspberry cake much better.

We had breakfast most mornings in the Celebration dining room. Eggs benedict was very good, as was the smoked salmon. Lunch on Lido deck was fine- very nice salad bar and I liked the shrimp quesadillas on Mexican day. My husband really liked the mongolian grill.

I took the spa tour the first day, but didn't win the raffle. I did get a discount on a facial though and it was very nice. All the posts I read here about tipping, and didn't remember anything about tipping at the spa. I gave her about 15% - I don't know if that was ok or not. I bought some products, and never got the reorder card she said she would get to me, so maybe it wasn't enough.

And speaking of tipping, didn't remember anything here about tipping the maitre d either. I wasn't sure what was appropriate,

We walked around Nassau on our own a little. Lots of traffic and it was hot. But enjoyed seeing the Queens Staircase and the Fort. Then we shopped and went to the ship for lunch and a nap.

In Freeport we did the jeep excursion. It was fun. I thought we would see a cave, but didn't. Off road through the sand, twice, was a rough ride. Loved the Garden of the Grove and the beach. And the guide Mark was very interesting and shared a lot about the island. And we saw a lobster fisherman and his catch.

We enjoyed the two shows very much. And the farewell party! OMG! The drinks kept coming. We also toured the galley and that was pretty cool.

I liked the island music from Laws and my husband liked Tim's guitar. And we went to the comedy club once- very funny! And very popular, so go early.

I only went swimming once, and had saved the slide for the second day at sea, but it was too cold.

Charleston was a lovely city but the pier area was somewhat strange! It was hard to figure out how to get to it, and was a convoluted ride, but once there it went very smoothly. Leaving was sad but easier. Next time, we'll do self assist. It was a great week.

Thanks RA, LOVE that special little ship, glad you did too!!:D Wasn't Tim amaaaaaaazing!!! Do you know who replaced Tom in the Piano Bar?

Regarding spa products. I bought some on the Spirt loved them. If you look on the products I think my were from Steiner, they will give you a web site you can go to. I have purchased several times from the web site sometimes thet=y have buy 2 get 1 free etc. Never had any problems with shipment or products. Glad you had a great time. I live outside of Charleston, but have yet to sail on the Fantasy.

Archived