Room Assigned!

Homala

Booked an SY gty, just got an email from HAL that we are in SS8043 - sailing Oosterdam on 11/13.

So a little upgrade, although I've read some posts by people who didn't consider that to be an upgrade, because we'll be right under the Lido pool area. Oh well. I'm just happy to see a room - it makes it feel so REAL now! And who knows, maybe we'll still get an upgrade to a deluxe suite! Even an upsell - I'd be willing to pay a bit.

Has anybody been in or around that cabin who can say whether it's good, bad or indifferent?

Happy cruising! :D

I am cruising a week before you (11-6) and I haven't got mine assigned yet...I did a SZ guarantee. Oh well, I guess I will continue to wait.

How did you find out about it? Did you get an email, your TA called (did you use a TA or book direct?), or looked online?

I booked online through HAL - no TA - so I got an email from HAL with the confirmation to print out showing the assignment. Interestingly, I had just checked our reservation online to see if the stateroom showed there and it STILL doesn't show. Weird. :confused:

Good luck! I've read a number of times that some people think that the longer you wait for your assignment, the more likely you got an upgrade. Hope that's the case for you! :)

Congrats on the upgrade. We have been in a VA on deck 8 and I loved being one flight under the lido. It made it so easy to run up and get a cup of coffee.

I tried to book an SY guar and the TA picked a room for us. I much prefer throwing the dice to see what they will give me. Oh well...we are thrilled as this will be our first time in the FAKE suites (LOL). We are looking forward to the extra room and bigger balcony. Keeping the fingers crossed that when we check in they say OH....we have upgraded you to an SA or SB or SC...not picky. It could happen. N'est pas?

The FAKE suites! I love it! Yeah, I must admit, I am still hoping for that extra upgrade to SC-SB-SA. But I'm sure I'll be perfectly happy in my fake suite, too. :)

Glad to hear you liked being under the Lido deck, too.

Good luck on your assignment!

We are two decks below you in an assigned SY for this cruise. We had an SS below the Lido last year on Oosterdam and our particular cabin was below the serving line in the Lido and we had a lot of noise when they set up each morning around 5:30 am. Otherwise it was quiet the rest of the day. We did an assigned SY on a lower deck this time to avoid that possibility.

Gary

Thanks for your comment Gary. Hopefully we won't have any problems with it. I'm just so excited to have an assignment, that it's impossible for me to be anything but positive about it at the moment. I'll try to write a review afterwards and will be sure to comment about what we though of the location.

Archived