Royal Visa coupons question

emdia43

I recently booked a cruise on the phone with RCCL and told the reservation agent that I planned to redeem and use a 50K Visa points coupon. I asked her if for any reason I had to cancel the cruise after I had applied the coupon what would happen to it- could I apply it to the next cruise? She told me that it would be returned to me and I could use it again, bearing in mind the expiration date.

Now I just read the small print on the back of the coupon, and it clearly states 'All Reward coupons received by Royal Caribbean International are forfeited if the associated booking is subsequently canceled'.

Do any of the Salespeople at RCCL know the correct answer to questions anymore? :rolleyes:

Has anyone had to cancel and been able to re-use their coupon?

Can you ask for that info to be emailed to you? I would want it in writing. I thought you would lose it. I wonder if you kept the same booking number if it could be transferred. What about waiting to get the coupon closer to final payment due?

I recently booked a cruise on the phone with RCCL and told the reservation agent that I planned to redeem and use a 50K Visa points coupon. I asked her if for any reason I had to cancel the cruise after I had applied the coupon what would happen to it- could I apply it to the next cruise? She told me that it would be returned to me and I could use it again, bearing in mind the expiration date.

Now I just read the small print on the back of the coupon, and it clearly states 'All Reward coupons received by Royal Caribbean International are forfeited if the associated booking is subsequently canceled'.

Do any of the Salespeople at RCCL know the correct answer to questions anymore? :rolleyes:

Has anyone had to cancel and been able to re-use their coupon?

If you have to cancel your cruise...........but you still want to retain all the benefits associated with your booking number all you need do is transfer to another sailing date keeping the same booking number.

Everything will transfer with your booking as long as you don't actually "cancel".

Oh,thanks, that's good news. I will have elective Ortho Surgery right after Christmas and I wanted a Plan B available in case I would need to postpone or change my reservation....

Does that apply to different date/different sailing also?

Can someone clarify why you would cash in your points and get the coupons/vouchers if they dont have an upcoming cruise? Im confused on this logic.

DH and I use our BoA card for everything you can think of and request a cash-out and have our coupons sent when we want to use them. Is there something we're missing?

:confused:

Can someone clarify why you would cash in your points and get the coupons/vouchers if they dont have an upcoming cruise? Im confused on this logic.

DH and I use our BoA card for everything you can think of and request a cash-out and have our coupons sent when we want to use them. Is there something we're missing?

:confused:

I have a cruise booked, the Serenade on August 7th,2011. See my post re my points expiring.....

emdia,

Ok, gotcha. DH is the liason to BoA and when we book a cruise and want to use credits, he phones BoA, gets the coupons and sends them directly to RCL. They're applied. Im always in on the conversation and hear both sides. Its my understanding that if you completely cancel you lose them, but if it is the same booking # and you select another cruise, the same credits apply. Just make sure you book another cruise- even if you had to adjust that one, the booking # should again remain the same and the credits should transfer. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

Oh,thanks, that's good news. I will have elective Ortho Surgery right after Christmas and I wanted a Plan B available in case I would need to postpone or change my reservation....

Does that apply to different date/different sailing also?

You can transfer that booking number to any ship/sailing date/itinerary that you would like. Just make sure you say "transfer".

As far as your points expiring...........you can call BofA and they can tell you exactly how many points, by month, you will be losing at any time. I just did that and we are good until 2013!

You can transfer that booking number to any ship/sailing date/itinerary that you would like. Just make sure you say "transfer".

As far as your points expiring...........you can call BofA and they can tell you exactly how many points, by month, you will be losing at any time. I just did that and we are good until 2013!

I just received an email from RCCL in response to my question, but I am sitting here shaking my head. The person who replied clearly doesn't know what RCCL visa points are as his comments all relate to Crown and Anchor coupons...Guess I will just call them tomorrow...:cool:

I just received an email from RCCL in response to my question, but I am sitting here shaking my head. The person who replied clearly doesn't know what RCCL visa points are as his comments all relate to Crown and Anchor coupons...Guess I will just call them tomorrow...:cool:

And that surprises you?:D

You should get the correct answer if you call the RCI Rewards Department directly. The number is 1-888-305-4626.

I have another good one...

I called to B of A to order my bonus points certificate. I had about 7500 points and called to use 5000 to get my $50 OBC. This is what happened.

The agent on the phone said there were new rules and I could redeem in increments of 1000, which meant I could use 7000 points. I automatically assumed that if I redeemed 7000 points, that I would get a $70 OBC. Made sense to me.

When I received the certificate, it was for 7000 points, but the only option I could choose was to donate it to the Haitian Relief Fund. I couldn't use the certificate for the $50 OBC, ONLY to donate it.

I called back B of A and she said they were right in that I should have only ordered a 5000 pt cert for OBC. When I asked why the first agent didn't tell me this, she said the first agent probably wanted it to go to charity.

Luckily, they are crediting back the points so I can re-order the correct certificate, and LUCKILY, I always do things way in advance, and still have time to get the correct cert before my cruise in January.

This was very frustrating.

I have another good one...

I called to B of A to order my bonus points certificate. I had about 7500 points and called to use 5000 to get my $50 OBC. This is what happened.

The agent on the phone said there were new rules and I could redeem in increments of 1000, which meant I could use 7000 points. I automatically assumed that if I redeemed 7000 points, that I would get a $70 OBC. Made sense to me.

When I received the certificate, it was for 7000 points, but the only option I could choose was to donate it to the Haitian Relief Fund. I couldn't use the certificate for the $50 OBC, ONLY to donate it.

I called back B of A and she said they were right in that I should have only ordered a 5000 pt cert for OBC. When I asked why the first agent didn't tell me this, she said the first agent probably wanted it to go to charity.

Luckily, they are crediting back the points so I can re-order the correct certificate, and LUCKILY, I always do things way in advance, and still have time to get the correct cert before my cruise in January.

This was very frustrating.

:eek::eek::eek:

I want one of those machines that says -"this call is being recorded for training purposes" then I can play it back to them every time I get a different answer..:D

Good luck is all I can say. We redeemed 50,000 for the free 4 night cruise back in August for a cruise in December. Seemed like the easiest thing in the world. Got the certs, send via UPS to RCI, credited to our account everything set.

Then, somehow they were uncredited (My mother cashed in a 50,000 also and we both have the same first initial and same last name, so the excuse we got was they thought the did her's twice and canceled mine?), so due to this we missed final payment, cruise canceled. Thankfully our TA has been gracious enough to help us out and after 2 weeks he finally got it all straightened out and we are back on for December.

Archived