What side of ship to book for Western Caribbean ports?

elena7seas

We are getting ready to book our first Western Caribbean itinerary (sailing on the Eclipse). I like to look out over the port as the ship docks, and also like the view out over the town when we are in port. I usually book a port side cabin for Eastern Caribbean cruises, as the port side of the ship seems to face the town more often than not.

Can anyone tell me which side of the ship usually faces the town in:

Cozumel ?

Costa Maya ?

Roatan ?

Grand Cayman (I realize the ship will be tendered) ?

Thanks for your help.

We are getting ready to book our first Western Caribbean itinerary (sailing on the Eclipse). I like to look out over the port as the ship docks, and also like the view out over the town when we are in port. I usually book a port side cabin for Eastern Caribbean cruises, as the port side of the ship seems to face the town more often than not.

Can anyone tell me which side of the ship usually faces the town in:

Cozumel ?

Costa Maya ?

Roatan ?

Grand Cayman (I realize the ship will be tendered) ?

Thanks for your help.

Just based on my experience for the W. Caribbean this past July, the port side of the ship faced the Port in each location. In Grand Cayman, though tendered, there was a great view of the island.

It doesn't make any difference because you never know from week to week how the captain will pull the ship into the dock. There are so many factors that come into play so you just book something and hope for the best. Once on a b2b, we didn't dock the same way in any of the ports.

I agree. Altho you know the direction you are cruising open sea, once you get to a port, anything goes with "parking". At some ports you could face the island, but have a ship on either side of you making it impossible to see any scenery other than a lot of couples in their robes having breakfast like you are on the verandah!! And... Some ports are so ugly and industrial we'd rather NOT be looking at it.

Archived