If you need GF on NCL Sun

kanitter

We were on the NCL Sun from 10/4 - 10/16. Both dh and dd have to eat gluten free. We had ordered some gluten free items from special needs about a month before our cruise and was told to speak to head matre d after boarding. So on the 4th we went to the 7 seas for lunch and spoke to him. We were told that we would be given the next days menus to look at after dinner and then they could decide what they wanted. We asked if he had a list of what items were gluten free and at first he just looked at us. He finally smiled and said that apparently we didn't understand. They were supposed to decide what they wanted from the regular menu and it would be made gluten free for them. If they chose something that they couldn't make gluten free they would let them know. It was fantastic. They had bread, waffles, pasta, pizza, desserts, cake. They even made a huge gluten free chocolate cake for our anniversary and had it delivered to our cabin. Dd and dh often ordered gf pizza from room service. And for anyone that is in a suite. Let your butler know about your needs. Fernando would even surprise us with gf chocolate chip cookies or other little snacks that he thought they would like. It was fantastic. So if you are celiac and are worried about the food you will be getting on the Sun. Don't be, you will have plently of choices. Oh, and try the chilled soups, they're great!!:D

We were on the NCL Sun from 10/4 - 10/16. Both dh and dd have to eat gluten free. We had ordered some gluten free items from special needs about a month before our cruise and was told to speak to head matre d after boarding. So on the 4th we went to the 7 seas for lunch and spoke to him. We were told that we would be given the next days menus to look at after dinner and then they could decide what they wanted. We asked if he had a list of what items were gluten free and at first he just looked at us. He finally smiled and said that apparently we didn't understand. They were supposed to decide what they wanted from the regular menu and it would be made gluten free for them. If they chose something that they couldn't make gluten free they would let them know. It was fantastic. They had bread, waffles, pasta, pizza, desserts, cake. They even made a huge gluten free chocolate cake for our anniversary and had it delivered to our cabin. Dd and dh often ordered gf pizza from room service. And for anyone that is in a suite. Let your butler know about your needs. Fernando would even surprise us with gf chocolate chip cookies or other little snacks that he thought they would like. It was fantastic. So if you are celiac and are worried about the food you will be getting on the Sun. Don't be, you will have plently of choices. Oh, and try the chilled soups, they're great!!:D

That is excellent that they could accommodate you so well but I wanted to let you know I was a tab bit confused by your post. I thought NCL was starting to rent girlfriends on the cruise. :confused: Glad you had a great time.

i read your title as girl friend too!

but seriously, i totally agree. i was on a GF diet for 3 yrs, and i went on the NCL sun during that. they were FAN.TAS.TIC.!

every night the maitre d' would bring me warmed, toasted GF bread at the begining of the meal, and a plate of GF cookies at the closing of every meal. he searched me out every night.

one night he didnt see me come in (i was late :o) and so didnt bring me my treats. i asked the assistant waiter for some bread and she brought it to me....still frozen in the center :(.

later that night he saw me and said how he didnt know i was there, and he was sorry! what a sweetie :)

he also urged me to have bfast in the MDR, as they would make me special pancakes. i could have cried! they were delicious, and i had not had pancakes made for me in a LOOOONNNGGG time.

at the end of the cruise (i DEF tipped him extra) we went to the airport and while getting ready to check in for our flight i heard "hello my gluten free friend!" it was him! he was flying home to india for 2 days, then flying back to work. so nice, he made sure to say hi even off duty.

this man made my trip.

i read your title as girl friend too!

but seriously, i totally agree. i was on a GF diet for 3 yrs, and i went on the NCL sun during that. they were FAN.TAS.TIC.!

every night the maitre d' would bring me warmed, toasted GF bread at the begining of the meal, and a plate of GF cookies at the closing of every meal. he searched me out every night.

one night he didnt see me come in (i was late :o) and so didnt bring me my treats. i asked the assistant waiter for some bread and she brought it to me....still frozen in the center :(.

later that night he saw me and said how he didnt know i was there, and he was sorry! what a sweetie :)

he also urged me to have bfast in the MDR, as they would make me special pancakes. i could have cried! they were delicious, and i had not had pancakes made for me in a LOOOONNNGGG time.

at the end of the cruise (i DEF tipped him extra) we went to the airport and while getting ready to check in for our flight i heard "hello my gluten free friend!" it was him! he was flying home to india for 2 days, then flying back to work. so nice, he made sure to say hi even off duty.

this man made my trip.

I never thought about gf also meaning girl friend.:eek: I was thinking about posting on a food thread, boy I wonder how many people read this just to see what type of girl friends the Sun was giving out.:rolleyes: I'll have to let my dh know he got short changed somewhere. All he got was good food. ;) But the gluten free food on the Sun was good. I don't have to eat gluten free but I tasted theirs and it was usually pretty good. The best part was I didn't have to bake it. Usually I make all their breads, cakes, and whatever else they want from scratch. So I didn't have to feel guilty about them having nasty store bought stuff, because some of the store bought stuff is so bad I wouldn't feed it to a dog. Everyone have a good one and I guess I'll start spelling things out better.

Sue

Archived