next cruise want a ship with a roomier feel, what do you suggest?

motherchic

two years ago we sailed with our 3, 20 year old daughters on the Valor. We had a great time.

Loved all being together, enjoyed the food very much.

What we did not like was:

1) all the noise from the movie screen blaring all day, so we stayed in the adult area. It was ok, but did not have huge windows looking out at the ocean.

2) The cafeteria seemed small, tight and did not have that lovely openness, we like.

Is there a carnival ship that has more windows, more openness?

Would like to book with carnival again, as the price is so good but very much missed that ocean view while we were dining and lounging

Any advice is very appreciated.

Nadine

We personally are big fans of the Valor and the Conquest Class in general. They are large ships and can hold up to maybe 3400 pax when fully booked in all berths. I think the Splendor and Dream are the only two CCL ships that are larger but the total number of guests increases with size. The newest RCCL ship holds up to maybe 5000? Can't imagine sailing with that many people.

We have also sailed the Victory which was the predecessor of the Conquest Class. It shows as they are virtually identical in lay out the Victory is just smaller. Also has the Seaside Theater.

Next up for us is the Miracle which will be the "smallest" ship we have sailed on with maybe 1800 passengers. No Seaside Theater on this class...yet.

The MDR, when open, could offer more spacious dining for lunch and breakfast with some ocean views.

To get away from the noisy Lido try one of the upper decks forward. Not nearly as crowded but removed from pool and bar areas.

if I read the OP right they are looking for ship with larger spaces - not necessarily a larger ship. I did notice on the Freedom (also a Conquest class) that the spaces seemed to be chopped up. I am hoping the Miracle is not - most everything I read says she has a great layout and flow - from the photos I've seen she seems to.

Look at the layout of the Legend. It is by far our most favorite ship so far. However we are booked on the Freedom, sister to the Valor, that we just sailed. We chose this to expereince the Eastern ports and get the extra day!

Try any spirit class ship. No big screen, better lido deck layout, does not feel crowded

I second the motion on this!

if I read the OP right they are looking for ship with larger spaces - not necessarily a larger ship. I did notice on the Freedom (also a Conquest class) that the spaces seemed to be chopped up. I am hoping the Miracle is not - most everything I read says she has a great layout and flow - from the photos I've seen she seems to.

YES, that is it exactly. I know I can always sit somewhere outside on the side. But I was hoping their was a ship that just felt roomier. I love an adult area that we can stay in the pool all day and enjoy the view also.

Perhaps we might have to go to a different line :( . Cost is an issue, when you are paying for 5 rather then just 2.

I love the openness of the Celebrity Millennium ships, but not enough activities for our daughters. But the views are wonderful from everywhere you sit.

Royal has some openness but they are more expensive also.

Even our girls did not like the loudness at the main pool area but we did enjoy the lounges at night.

darn, I was hoping there would be a roomier one on Carnival :)

Thank you though, I appreciate your input :)

You should definitely try a Spirit class ship. Legend, Miracle, Pride, Spirit. I didn't like the Big Screen on the Destiny either...way too much excess noise. I also didn't like the aft area. On Spirit class, the aft Lido deck is completely open to the sea, and is my favorite area of the ship, day and nite. It is also the adult pool area...win win!

These ships are smaller (but still feel plenty large!) and tend to feel less crowded. The buffet area and the dining room are pretty much windows on both sides. They are also easy to navigate...you can go from front to back on every deck...no going up and down stairs to get around the galley/restaurant.

Definitely our favorite class of ships in the Carnival fleet:D

I can attest to the openness of the Spirit class ships. Having sailed on the Inspiration, Glory and Legend, I can say the Legend was easily the most open and easy-flowing layouts of the three. It seemed to me that you always had a wonderful view from anywhere on the Lido, and the dining room layout was also non-crowded and easy to navigate.

I'm trying out the Dream in Sept '11. Hopefully it will come closer to the Spirit class than the Glory did (felt that was a terribly crowded layout)

As others mentioned, any Spirit class ship will get you what you want. Lots of nooks and crannies to hide in, or lots of public areas to mingle in. NO BIG SCREEN ! ! ! !

Most bar abusers hate this class ship.

And, they have a GREAT slide!

We have been on the Valor, i also found it too congested. I much prefer the Legend (2x) and the Miracle (1x second is booked) i found them to be very spacoius!! Click on the link in my sig tag and it will take you to pictues from all the ships we have been on .

Definietly try the smaller classes.

Bigger, doesn't neccesarily mean roomier. (because they cram double or triple the people in less than double or triple the space)

The older smaller ships hold less people, but had much better layouts and flow to them.

We did a couple of Fantasy class cruises, then did a couple on the bigger Conquest class and we found we hateds the bigger, more crowded, horribly laid out ships.

Now we have taken 4 straight Fantasy class cruises again and we want to book the Legend in September to try out the much recommended Spirit class.

Bill

If you are cruising with CCL try any SPIRIT class ship (far superior in roominess feel). If you are open to other mass market cruislines my choice would be any RCCL Radiance class of ship. They are fantastic holding about 1900 passengers. Never felt crowded and even the buffet NEVER had any lines due to the fantastic numerous food stations and layout which is far superior to CCL or NCL. Also has a HUGE outdoor pool, mini golf, rock wall, covered solarium pool with a snackbar and a huge front observation bar/lounge which no CCL ship has.

Archived