Our daysail w/Highpockets 2-15

Whiskeyman

First I'd like to say I am 44 and the DW is 40. We did this daysail because of reviews we read on Cruise critic.

We arrived at Red Hook @ 9:15 and we were greeted by Kathleen (captain) at 9:30. She welcomed us and we headed to the dingy and boarded Highpockets after a short ride to where she was anchored. Her first mate Bill assisted us aboard and we sat down and relaxed while Kathleen went back to pick up 4 other people. Bill made us some drinks (rum Sizzlers),me a coke and we chatted. The other 2 couples arrived and we made introductions all the way around. We all relaxed and chatted as Kathleen headed out to sea. After about 1/2 hr 45 minutes, We anchored in a small inlet with other daysailers nearby. We chatted and had some fruit slices and prepared for snorkling. Now I never snorkeled in my life and my wife doesn't swim at all but I thought I'd give it a try. They provided us with floation belts, mask fins. etc. I jumped in first, swam around a bit trying to get used to the current and fins. mask and snorkel. The others joined me after about 10 minutes by which time I was ready to get out.LOL. I had a few beers on the way over and I can't see well without glasses. My mustache was making water leak into my mask.. etc. Plus my wife ddin't want to go and it wasn't as much fun without her. So Bill and the other couples headed out towards the reef and I got back on Highpockets, sat down and got another beer..LOL

We talked with Kathleen for a hour while she prepared lunch, talked about everything under the sun.

The others came back about an hour later I think, lost track of time.

We had a wonderful pasta dish for lunch.

We set sail back to the docks and arrived about 3:30.

I want to be honest with you, Kathleen and Bill were fantastic, they made you feel welcome, and at home aboard Highpockets. thery are really good people. I would rate this a 10 and it was the highlight of our cruise. If you don't have fun with them, there's something wrong with you.LOL

Thanks for reading and I'll have pictures soon.

I also sailed with High Pockets on Friday the 18th of Feb. I give them a 10. I am not a swimmer aand Bill offered to tow me the entire hour of skorkeling. I would not have been abel to see the amazing underrrrwater sites without his help. Also note we had 19' of clear water. The other couple we sailed with stayed on the boat with Kathleen and enjoyed her sea, and life stories. This excursion is on not to miss. :cool:

Our price was $125 a piece, but she charges $115 if you pay cash, (NOTE) these rates were as of 2-15-05... But you know it was worth every penny, actually I would have paid $150 a piece it was so fun. But don't tell her I said that..LOL

Archived