Is Nighttime Fun Enough?

castle701

We are a group of 20 people traveling and have done both Celebrity and RCCL ships. We did not like Celebrity because it was "deadsville" at night, but loved both The Navigator and The Mariner. Nighttime was filled with great venues and the "twenty-something" people we had with us had a great time at the disco onboard. We are thinking for a change, we would try Carnival, but I have read that the discos are like "salsa lounges" not discos. This is very important to us for our "twenty-something" people. Should we not risk changing lines? The rest of our group ranges from 12-55. Any imput would be appreciated. We are thinking about the Liberty, Valor or the Glory.

Never been on a RCCL cruise to compare, but I was on 2 CCs in my mid 20's, and enjoyed the Discos on both. Definitely wouldn't use the term "salsa louges" to describe either one (Victory and Triumph). Actually, "disco" really only describes the decor. They played a good mix of 70s, 80s, and current hip hop music - I really enjoyed the selection they had.

I'll be on the Valor 3/20, so hopefully I have as good a time as I did before.

There is nothing remotely salsa about the clubs, or "discos" rather, on board. They play excellent, up to date music from all categories whether it be pop, hip-hop, r&b, some rock, techno, etc. This is coming from a 19 year old who parties in NYC on a regular basis. If I dont like the direction the music is going, I usually go and make requests.

The disco does have a DJ so you can request certain type music or song. The DJ's I have seen play to the crowd. They do have a limited selection of music but we have found that you can bring your own CD's and they (some) will play them.

As a nightlife lover who has sailed both RCCL and Carnival, I have to say that Carnival has better night life by far! The discos are usually a lot more lively than on RCCL, and there are more people taking advantage of the night time activities. Try it, you'll have a great time!

Boatgirl

As a nightlife lover who has sailed both RCCL and Carnival, I have to say that Carnival has better night life by far! The discos are usually a lot more lively than on RCCL, and there are more people taking advantage of the night time activities. Try it, you'll have a great time!

Boatgirl

I second this!!! I've only been on 1 RCCL and 2 CCL but there was more going on at night on the CCL cruises!

Archived