How do you get a PCC with NCL?

NJGeorge

Last night I was trying to book the Jade from Venice in May 2011. The person who answered my call was not very helpful and had me on hold twice for 15 minutes.

Needless to say I did not book because she could not comprehend I wanted an aft facing Mini suite or balcony which the website showed as available.

I want to talk to a experienced PCC at NCL not a newbie order taker.

I did search the threads and did not come up with anything, in regards to this question.

Last night I was trying to book the Jade from Venice in May 2011. The person who answered my call was not very helpful and had me on hold twice for 15 minutes.

Needless to say I did not book because she could not comprehend I wanted an aft facing Mini suite or balcony which the website showed as available.

I want to talk to a experienced PCC at NCL not a newbie order taker.

I did search the threads and did not come up with anything, in regards to this question.

Not sure if its the luck of the draw or what but when I called NCL to book our cruise I got a wonderful guy who has been very helpful.

When I acted interested in a NCL cruise a PCC called me and left a message to call him when I was ready to book. He also sent a letter with his personal number and e-mail address. I called 3 times, sent an e-mail over the course of a week but he never contacted me. So I called NCL and the lucky person that answered got the commission for my cruise. She was very helpful, but I didn't consider her my PCC. So I'm not sure how you do get a PCC on NCL.

I normally book through CAS. For my upcoming cruise I didn't, so I called the regular number and got a great person (I sent an email to his supervisor to compliment him) that said I couldn't call him back :(. I booked for myself and my mom who hasn't cruised NCL before.

A couple of weeks later Mom got a call from someone that told her he would be her PCC. She said she didn't know if she needed one because I probably had one. He said something to the effect of, "Oh yes, I see she has so & so" and then proceeded to sweet talk her a little and give her all his info. It makes no difference to me as she is unlikely to do any actual booking herself, but I was surprised to find that some poor PCC has been assigned to me and I never even knew it!

I sort of think that NCL is missing the boat (haha) on the personal touch. I have a fabulous girl at Carnival that keeps in touch with me, and I feel bad for her now that I prefer NCL. I wish I had someone like that at NCL.

Reading these posts it makes me wonder how easy is it to change your PCC. Can you just call up any of the ones recommended on this thread, or is there a process you need to follow in switching? If they don't work on commission I imagine it's not that big of a deal, but curious if anyone has done this (before I call NCL).

I was called on a few years ago by an NCL PCC after I returned from a cruise that I had booked by calling NCL. She was not the person I reserved with but I kept her number.

I did call her the next time and each time since then.

I have also been called by other PCC's who have left messages stating that they are my PCC's. I have not called any of them back but have mentioned to my PCC that others have called.

We can't list names here. I got in trouble for that once, before I knew. Although, if we are on the NCL board and mention someone who works for NCL, I don't understand why it was an issue.

She has been helpful when there have been promotions, i.e. working to get us the offered OBC or upgrades.

We usually do not book far in advance and frequently select inside cabins. Saving money on inside cabins means more cruises for us! We have had balconies and one suite on a ship that didn't have balconies but found that we didn't spend any additional time in our cabin so why not save the $$?

One day, we will save up and go for a courtyard suite! Hey, we may as well try it once.

I just guess you call and ask for one. Not sure what all the big whoop-dee-doo is about a PCC is all about. If the person you are talking to is a flake, call back and get somebody else.

If you have questions about how things work at NCL, he folks here often give better answer. They, after all, have actually cruised on a real ship.

As I understand it, there are two groups of folks at NCL that we, as consumers, deal with. These are called inbound and outbound, and refer to those that only take orders (inbound), and those that are PCC's (outbound), meaning it is a two way street as far as communication betweeen us and them. If you have not been assigned one or been contacted by one that was assigned, you can call 877-416-9722. When they ask for the extension of your PCC, just stay on the line, and a PCC will pick up. They will be able to connect you to your assigned PCC or will become your PCC. From there, it is up to both of you to begin a relationship of trust and honesty. I got my PCC this way, and am very happy with the person I got. We are not allowed to mention specific folks here, as I think it is considered advertising, so don't ask, and get someone in trouble.

Al

I just guess you call and ask for one. Not sure what all the big whoop-dee-doo is about a PCC is all about. If the person you are talking to is a flake, call back and get somebody else.

If you have questions about how things work at NCL, he folks here often give better answer. They, after all, have actually cruised on a real ship.

In my business if someone calls me and wants to spend $4000.00 on goods or services my company provides I don't jerk them around.

I provide accurate, knowledgeable information and answers THE FIRST TIME.

Before PACriusers post was deleted I was able to call the PCC recommended by them.

A lovely lady that provided accurate, knowledgeable information and answers THE FIRST TIME.

Obviously you just have more time then me:D

As I understand it, there are two groups of folks at NCL that we, as consumers, deal with. These are called inbound and outbound, and refer to those that only take orders (inbound), and those that are PCC's (outbound), meaning it is a two way street as far as communication betweeen us and them. If you have not been assigned one or been contacted by one that was assigned, you can call 877-416-9722. When they ask for the extension of your PCC, just stay on the line, and a PCC will pick up. They will be able to connect you to your assigned PCC or will become your PCC. From there, it is up to both of you to begin a relationship of trust and honesty. I got my PCC this way, and am very happy with the person I got. We are not allowed to mention specific folks here, as I think it is considered advertising, so don't ask, and get someone in trouble.

Al

That's all I wanted. Thanks....

Archived