Embassy Suites FLL and where it went on Priceline/Hotwire.

Toto2Kansas

Just got off the phone with Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale.

It was explained to me while chatting with them about a reservation that they have pulled their hotel off of the priceline/hotwire sites. The suites they were selling were smoking suites and guests were very upset to find that they could not switch their reservations to non-smoking suites once the received confirmation that their bid had been accepted. I was told that instead of dealing with irrate guests, they just decided to withdraw it from these sites completely.

What a shame, it is one of our favorite hotels down in Fort Lauderdale for pre and post cruise stays.

Do people not realize when they book through hotwire or priceline that they are taking a sort of 'guarantee cabin' whatever the hotel has available at the time? Such a shame to loose this hotel from the two sites with the best deals on the internet because of those that pay for hamburger but demand a steak for the same price. Just my opinion of coarse. :(

I also heard that some cruiseline (maybe Princess) is using Emabassy Suites for one of their precruise hotels so that might be another reason they pulled it. We enjoyed staying there too and got a great price through Hotwire. We will miss it since I don't think we will want to pay their prices when other places are available through Priceline or Hotwire.

I love that excuse!!! Actually they are getting much higher prices now since the cruiselines (RCCL & Celebrity) in particular are using this hotel as their package hotel. This garentees them a much larger number of rooms - the rest they are able to sell to people who book directly. They currently don't need the cheepy (or price orientated) guests who book via Priceline or Hotwire. Post 9/11 they needed those guests and were getting a lot of good reviews and basically lots of free advertising on sites like these. Now they are able to ride the wave as lots of CC cruisers stayed there in the passed & don't want to go elsewhere so they are now prepared to pay the higher price just to stay there. It is the good ole dollars & cents thing -times are starting to look pre 9/11 so they are starting to take the prices aswell.

Personally I fail to see what the obcession with Priceline is. It's no secret that you generally get the worst rooms in the house when you use them. I'd rather pay more and get the hotel AND room I want! I guess it's just me, but I'm too picky about where I sleep to take those kinds of chances!!!

Personally It's no secret that you generally get the worst rooms in the house when you use them.

This has not been my experience at all with Priceline. My first time was in Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites and we asked for a room high up and a view and received it no questions asked...second time Hyatt Regency in Miami desk staff were very friendly and again accomodated my request..and this past October at Renaissance I asked the same thing a room high up with a view of the Caribbean Princess and the desk staff was more than happy to honour my request.

I have always asked for non smoking and the hotel has granted this type of room for me with Priceline....

Emmy

Personally I fail to see what the obcession with Priceline is. It's no secret that you generally get the worst rooms in the house when you use them. I'd rather pay more and get the hotel AND room I want! I guess it's just me, but I'm too picky about where I sleep to take those kinds of chances!!!

Trent S I agree with you completely. After just staying at a hotel I got on Priceline I would never use them again. It was awful. They called it a 3 star I wouldn't even call it a 1 star.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Embassy Suites once and they gave us a smoking room to change in until our non-smoking room became available. We all had to hold our breathe just to change the room was so smokey....as soon as we opened the door the smell just hit you right in the face...

Archived