Oosterdam hints or tips

matondo

The day has finally arrived. DH and I are leaving for our first Mexian Riveria cruise on the Oosterdam!!!

This will be our fourth cruise 2 on the Zuiderdam and 1 on the Westerdam.

Any last minute thoughts from my fellow cruise critic members?

Don't forget to look for us at the banner wave tomorrow. Hopefully, we will be able to get through the door that was locked last week.

I know you all feel our excitement.:D:D:D

Matondo, have a great time on the "O"! My DH and I will be getting on her as you get off, so YES I can feel your excitement!! :D

Not seeing any hints or tips yet, but maybe someone will chime in today. :)

We were on the Oosterdam 9/27-10/9 to Mexico. Great cruise but very hot in Mexican ports.

Walmart across street from port in PV plus internet service (computers) in market next to port; one hour for $1.00.

Great buys next to port in markets. No need to shop downtown

Thanks for the tips G&G. Wow - $1 for an hour of internet - that's great! Although I think I have my DH convinced NOT to bring his laptop this trip. A laptop for him just means work. I told him the only thing that should be on his lap is ME! ;)

The main "boardwalk" along the waterfront in PV is really cool. It's a nice place to have a stroll and there are a lot of funky sculptures. I believe the Lonely Planet Mexico book has a walking tour that describes the provenance and meaning of them all. We walked through the "old town" a bit as well and saw some charming stuff, although I'm not sure my mom was as thrilled to be off the beaten path. Mom & I did this cruise in Jan 2007 and really enjoyed it.

If you can squeeze it in a great thing to do in PV is a Couple's four hand massage at the Krystal Hotel. It is done on the beach in a private cabana. Just the two of you and the four people giving the massages. It lasts about 70 minutes. The cost was $150 for both. Nothing quite like having a massage with the sound and smell of the ocean right there.

Whatever you do I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise, Enjoy!!

Rochelle

The day has finally arrived. DH and I are leaving for our first Mexian Riveria cruise on the Oosterdam!!!

This will be our fourth cruise 2 on the Zuiderdam and 1 on the Westerdam.

Any last minute thoughts from my fellow cruise critic members?

Don't forget to look for us at the banner wave tomorrow. Hopefully, we will be able to get through the door that was locked last week.

I know you all feel our excitement.:D:D:D

Don't forgo the Shrimp Factory in Mazatlan. Not only is the food delicious and reasonable, but the ride into town in their little open air taxis is unforgettable and fun. I'm having to wait until April 2011 for my "O" cruise and can already taste those giant shrimp. Have a great cruise and look for Venus and Rolly the bartenders in one of the bars. They are fun too:D:D

I believe that the Oosterdam and Westerdam are sister ships. You mentioned that you have sailed on the Westerdam so you shouldn't have any problems getting around. The only thing that I can think of to be aware of now is the Mexican government's position of the American dollar. The posts on other threads have me a bit concerned about my April cruise.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to share some tips. Oh, that couples massage sounds lovely.

I'm down into the single digits now - 8 days to go! Can't wait! :D

If you are interested in the massage you should contact the hotel through email to get a reservation, they do get a good deal of cruise ship business. Also I should have pointed out that it is a short walk from the ship to the hotel. You can get lots of information on it if you check the ports of call boards.

Thank you everyone....how am I ever going to sleep tonight?

I love San Diego, first time I have ever been here. We ate at Point Loma Seafoods it was like a deli and we ate out by a marina. I had the most delicious crab sandwich on sourdough bread. Cash only.

RuthC....the dreaded passport....it is safely in my purse but I will not stop being anxious until I am on board. Everytime I look at my picture all the memories from last month come flooding back.

Thanks for the tips...

Homala we will take good care of the "O" for you. May this week go really slow for me and fast for you.

Your going to have a great cruise we have been down there 5 times. We went last aug and are going again for new years. Take one of the little taxi's into Matzalan down town $6.00 each way, and see the Cathederal very pretty, you'll love caboe pare sailing is great and Acapulco is fantastic, there is a excurision that goes out to the area where they filmed the Predator,also there is ziplining really great. If you have time go to Anthony's next to the cruise pier, we have been going there for 40 years, great sea food and good prices. Have a great time:)

Archived