Hotel Question, Miami or Ft Lauderdale?

Mikey3w11

We are leaving in a week on the Glory. We are flying in to FLL on Saturday night. Is it easier to stay in Ft. Lauderdale and catch the Carnival shuttle to Miami, or is it better to get to Miami and stay? Secondly, can anyone recommend a hotel that is easy to get to the port from? One more, what is the best way to get to Miami if we don't choose the Carnival shuttle? Thank you in advance for the advise.

we are leaving in a week on the glory. We are flying in to fll on saturday night. Is it easier to stay in ft. Lauderdale and catch the carnival shuttle to miami, or is it better to get to miami and stay? personally, i like to stay in miami only because i'm closer to the port. secondly, can anyone recommend a hotel that is easy to get to the port from? downtown hotels are closest, but you might have trouble getting one so close to sail. holiday inn and intercontinental are a couple. one more, what is the best way to get to miami if we don't choose the carnival shuttle? cab. thank you in advance for the advise.

hth

I would prefer to stay in Miami- less traveling the day of travel.

-

I would also NOT take the Carnival shuttle. Prefer using car services.

From FLL to MIA look into Share Rides. (over on the transportation board with East Coast departures is tons of information)

We are on the same cruise as you. I always book fll because we bid priceline and stay for about $55. We rent a car or use sas shuttle for 15-20 pp. We pick a 3star for the airport or beach and start at $55. We like the city of fll beter then mia just imo.

Last July we stayed at the Hilton in Ft. Lauderdale. Very nice hotel with a great pool. We used SAS transport to take us to Miami. It was $15 per person and took 30 minutes. This is a highly recommended shuttle service and we were very happy with them.

Personally I like staying in Miami. Last year we stayed at the Marriott on Biscayne Bay and our room had a view of the bay... looked right over where the ships sailed so we watched them from our room and then when the rain stopped we went to Bayside Market for dinner and shopping

We use SAS to and from the airport. Very affordable and organized. They call you as soon as they are there to get you. You call them as soon as you are off the ship! Very professional

I would stay in Miami if that is where you are sailing from. SAS Transportation is a WONDERFUL service http://ridesas.com/. They are SO punctual and friendly. They do a wonderful job. $15 pp to go from FLL to your hotel in MIA.

Secondly, I like Downtown Miami Hilton. You can get it on Hotwire or Hotels for around $65/night with a port view and see all the ships coming and going. You are a quick "tram" ride from Bayside (though I don't care for Bayside myself--too touristy), a short inexpensive bus ride from South Beach for a wonderful dinner if you choose (your concierge can make recommendations), and nice rooms to boot. Here's a picture of our room:

DSC00700.jpg

DSC00701.jpg

Hope that helps!

Hi all, I'm on the same cruise and we're flying out Saturday a day before. We have the 11:50am flight out of Philly to FLL.

I would go straight to Miami. Outside FLL baggage claim, there's a podium and you can share a ride to Miami. Like they said, about $15.00 or $20.00 pp.

Unless you rent a car or get a hotel with a free airport pickup, I don't see the need to pay for a hotel in FLL then have to pay for a ride to the Miami pier in the morning.

We always bid on priceline $55 to 65.00 for a downtown Miami hotel. We have gotten the Hyatt and Marriott a few times. If your hotel doesn't offer a free shuttle to the pier. The taxi ride over in the morning is about $10 to $15 from a downtown hotel.

Hope we have some good weather for our cruise. Keeping my fingers crossed.;)

Archived