Canopy Tours

aqua

After reading about the canopy tour, I have to find out more! My husband and daughter would love it. Does Carnival not offer it until close to sailing? Are there private tour companies? I would appreciate any infomation! Thanks so much!

I'd like to bump this posting, and add a question of my own... the Carnival description has a warning for people with problems with neck, back and shoulder problems, but, what about knee problems? Would that landing on the rappeling down part be pretty hard on the knees I wonder?

Just did this tour on the 2/15 Legend sailing. I am terrified of heights - I was nervous at first, but after the first traverse I couldn't wait to go again. The rapelling is contolled by the one guy at the top and one on the bottom - don't worry!

I don't think a finger injury should stop you...you need one hand to hold the tether and the other "holds" the wire. Generaly you use you left hand to hold the tether and then place your right hand as far over your right shoulder as possible on the wire making an "O" with your fingers - your right hand on the wire is used mostly for breaking. The only time you need both hands is if you don't make it to the platform and have to turn around and use hands in a hand over hand method to get yourself to the platform.

Have fun - it was a blast my husband is 50 and I'm 49 and we didn't have any problems.

• 7 years later...

You can try with Carnival i am sure that you can booked thru that cruise line, there are companies in every port you can visit, if you are arriving to Mexico i can tell you about this enterprises, thru th cruise ship you can booked with Vallarta Adventures in Puerto Vallarta is a little bit expensive if you have money there is no problem. and cabo but only thru the ship, there are many places in there where you can get a ticket to make this activity, in cabo i have tried Wild canyon Adventures, you can book on line, and in puerto vallarta i did Canopy River Tour http://www.canopyriver.com you can see more information in tripadvisor about this places. it is not dangerous for anybody one tour in Puerto vallarta includes mule's ride for kids since 7 years i saw them with our group, and it was a blast.

Archived