C'MON P&O why no Cruises from Auckland In 2012 season

oysterfiend

How does this affect the average kiwis sailing/ or as will be the case Winter 2012,

NOT SAILING on winter cruises out of Auckland??:confused:

Why should this affect how many/ or the fact we have NO WINTER cruises sailing out of Auckland in 2012-?

So much for getting a new ship here- it will barely be here and then it will be gone.

We don't all come from Christchurch and not every tourist goes to Christchurch.

Funny you should say that. We are from Christchurch and I have just been convincing my DH that a relaxing cruise will be a perfect antidote to the shakes and tremors. In fact I have done such a good job that my MIL and 2 friends are now also toying with the idea!

As to it affecting tourists - the aftershocks are not that bad anymore, and really only affect the people who have lived through the main quake. Everyone else seems to think they are a cool novelty!

Funny you should say that. We are from Christchurch and I have just been convincing my DH that a relaxing cruise will be a perfect antidote to the shakes and tremors. In fact I have done such a good job that my MIL and 2 friends are now also toying with the idea!

As to it affecting tourists - the aftershocks are not that bad anymore, and really only affect the people who have lived through the main quake. Everyone else seems to think they are a cool novelty!

You need a cruise after all you've been through- Go for it.:D

I meant no disrepect for Christchurch- I just couldn't see the correlation between 2012 winter cruises and the Christchurch earthquakes.

Because up until now we only had the Pacific Sun and its nice to be able to get a more affordable balcony on the Pacific Dawn:confused:

They didn't seem to have any issues with the Pacific Sun, in fact they all commented how much they liked that ship.

Their main reason is that they want to cruise in 'warm' weather during Winter and beginning and ending the cruise in Brisbane gave them that.

Out of Auckland during Winter it definitely doesn't.....

Jillybean:)

They didn't seem to have any issues with the Pacific Sun, in fact they all commented how much they liked that ship.

Their main reason is that they want to cruise in 'warm' weather during Winter and beginning and ending the cruise in Brisbane gave them that.

Out of Auckland during Winter it definitely doesn't.....

Jillybean:)

Well we go to Auckland in the winter to get away from the cold down south, so I guess that depends on what your starting point is :)

We are going on Pacific Sun next year from Fremantle to Indonesia,

(balconies on the Pacific Sun way too much for us)

but we do like a balcony and I was pricing cruises on the Dawn and the Balconies there seem cheaper than on the Jewel and the Pearl.

I was looking at a 7 day Cruise from Brisbane up past Whitsundays May 26 2012, and Balconies on The Dawn were quite good,.

But Now I am thinking a Carribean cruise on Carnival could be better.

So I am going to wait until May 2011 when Carnivals itineraries come out. And of course Australia P&O and then do our figures.

Archived