How easy to find taxi at Butterfly farm to Orient Beach

skydiver1118

My first cruise. We plan to take taxi from port to Butterfly farm first, then go to Orient beach. Some thread mentioned that butterfly farm is 1.5 miles away from main road. I wonder how easy to find taxi at buttterfly farm rather than taking a hour walk back to main road. I am not sure how long we will stay in butterfly farm and whether taxi we take from port is willing to wait.

Thanks,

You may want to consider renting a car. Orient Beach is just a few potholes from the Butterfly farm. By renting you can tour the whole island in an hour or two and then go to your final destinations. I believe there were several taxis at Orient Beach also. You may also want to e-mail the Butterfly Farm and ask them how far it is to Orient Beach. Depending on weather and your physical condition, the walk may not be too bad.

Taxis will come back for you, or will be called by the folks at any location you visit. I know some suggest renting a car, but I think taxis are better for folks who visit for just one day. The roads (and traffic) can be confusing and intimidating for those who are new to the island, and the driver will not have much of an opportunity to look around......

Archived