how far is dunas falls?

CLARE7678

Is the falls and the beach within walking distance from the cruise terminal. I was going to book and excusion but a jamaican equantance of my husband claims that you can walk. Ive not heard of this before and im sceptical of walking about in jamaica anyway.

I don't know the exact distance but it doesn't feel too far in a car...Maybe a ten minute or so drive if I remember correctly.. Walking would take a lot longer and its probably not the best idea of walking too far from the shopping area near the port....

Although it is a beautiful country, the poverty is very evident, it was really hot and humid when I was there, I don't remember seeing a whole lot of sidewalks or traffic signals in places...etc...I would definitely book an excursion vs trying to walk...

Have a good trip!

I round numbers it is two miles and I have walked it, and run there and back in the morning, even ridden my bike (I carried one on the ship). But unless you are very familiar with JA drivers and roads I don't think I'd recommend it. The roads a very narrow and the drivers can be flying; no sidewalks once out of Ocho proper. I've been there many times since the 80's as JA was in my patrol area and we spend many R&R days there.

You can go there on your own and don't need to book a tour. Just take a taxi - in May as I recall it was $10 per person for a round trip. Then buy your admission ticket at DRF, $15 US (they take plastic). The driver will give you a time based on their experience for one time up the falls with a guide. If you want to stay longer just tell them so . . . on the return trip they will drop you off for shopping or Marg'ville if that'ss your thing. You'll still be just a short walk to the ship terminal.

Other possible costs there: a locker for a few dollars, snacks/drinks, and the souv' area.

Check Google Earth and you can verify for yourself. Find Ocho and the Falls are about 2 miles west.

• 2 weeks later...
Ahhh what if they are on a cruise coming into Mo Bay?

I couldn't find anything in the OP post showing the cruise they will be on.

From Monetgo Bay, you'll definitely need to drive, its about an hour or so on the highway!

Capt_BJ is quite right, although it is walkable, there isnt a sidewalk all the way from the cruise terminal to the entrance. Then once at the entrance theres a really steep hill to walk up.. so its much better to do the 10mins drive journey by taxi! Also if its a very hot day, that walk will seem never ending in the heat!

Have Fun:D

Archived