Help with Seattle needed

newtocruising

We will be getting off Island Princess in Vancouver, then riding the quickcoach to downtown Seattle. How is the best way to get to the Westin with luggage? Could we ride the monorail, or should we take a taxi. Will be 4 adults. Tried doing a search but no luck.

Is the Westin the best location for sightseeing? Want to do the needle and the "market". Will arrive around 2p and then fly out next day

Also posted this under "ports of call", but no hits yet..hopefully someone can help me here.

We will be getting off Island Princess in Vancouver, then riding the quickcoach to downtown Seattle. How is the best way to get to the Westin with luggage? Could we ride the monorail, or should we take a taxi. Will be 4 adults. Tried doing a search but no luck.

Is the Westin the best location for sightseeing? Want to do the needle and the "market". Will arrive around 2p and then fly out next day

Also posted this under "ports of call", but no hits yet..hopefully someone can help me here.

Two taxis. It is about 1.5 miles from where the bus lets you off, otherwise I would say just walk straight down 5th avenue to the hotel, it's fairly flat, but that's a pretty long hike dragging bags.

The Westin is an ideal location for sightseeing. Only 4 blocks to the market and one block to the monorail to Space Needle. Also the airporter bus stops right there for Seatac or light rail is only one block away.

Quick shuttle stops near Space Needle but cab is the best. It would be even better if you could take Amtrak. Much more scenic and no border delays but you'd have to cab to train and to hotel but a much more scenic option.

for the responses. Not going until next Aug/Sept but will feel better when I have things planned out, especially since I'm planning for another couple also. Have never been to the area. Wish we had more time to spend. Guess that means we'll have to plan a specific Seattle trip some other time.

I'm going to be in Seattle late on a Friday night and leaving for the cruise on Sunday at 4:00. What we want to do is to stay at an airport hotel Friday night and then Sat. rent a car and driving to see things. We don't want the downtown things for Sat. We want to see beautiful scenery, and nice things that we won't see downtown. We are going to stay downtown Sat. night and then Sunday do pikes market whatever else is walking distance, even though we have been there before. So, any suggestions on places to drive to on Sat?

Thanks in advance

if you can map it out, then 90 to Mt. Si and over to Snoqualmie Falls. Take the backroads into Woodinville and visit some of the wineries. Come back and stop in Kirkland and walk along the waterfront before coming over 520 and into Seattle. There are day trip suggestions on Tripadvisor.com Seattle forum. You can do any # of day trips including Whidbey island or driving up to Deception Pass and back thru Whidbey.

The one question I would suggest asking Quick Shuttle is whether the bus in question is only for cruise passengers, or will it be picking up others around Vancouver. The reason this is important in my opinion is what can happen at the border if one of the non-cruisers has challenges crossing the border. The bus and everyone else aboard just sits, and sits... (we were just glad it was on the way home vs. on the way to the cruise)

To be fair, the good thing about the Shuttle is that it makes stops downtown in Seattle. Depending on your itinerary the border time saved with the cruise line transfer might be chewed up by getting to your destination from SeaTac.

Take at least a peek at the train as well.

Happy cruising!

Archived