Last minute QE panic questions

magic_bryan

OK folks, last minute panic re laundry on the QE - I've established the laundry itself is a free for all scramble and I'm willing to take a punt. Not so sure about ironing though - I believe there's an ironing room, but (this may sound daft) are there irons there, or should I be digging out the travel iron.

Been in the planning for ever, but all of a sudden we're off to Southampton tomorrow, and my wallet contains notes with Dubrovnik on them!

OK folks, last minute panic re laundry on the QE - I've established the laundry itself is a free for all scramble and I'm willing to take a punt. Not so sure about ironing though - I believe there's an ironing room, but (this may sound daft) are there irons there, or should I be digging out the travel iron.

Been in the planning for ever, but all of a sudden we're off to Southampton tomorrow, and my wallet contains notes with Dubrovnik on them!

No need to take a iron the laundry room is also the ironing room & irons are provided. Have you noted that your ship is now on the Mayflower terminal & not the Ocean terminal.

Irons are provided in, and forbidden for passengers to bring, in all other ships of the fleet and I assume QE will be the same.

There will be a very efficient laundry on board - I'd use that instead.....

WD

No need to take a iron the laundry room is also the ironing room & irons are provided. Have you noted that your ship is now on the Mayflower terminal & not the Ocean terminal.

Thanks, we've reprinted docs today and it does indeed show Mayflower. Not that I have any idea where any of them are :confused:

Cruise n00b - feel free to point and laugh.

Thanks, we've reprinted docs today and it does indeed show Mayflower. Not that I have any idea where any of them are :confused:

We were all n00b's once :) Have a great time! Cheers, Salacia

Mayflower Terminal is berth 106 - post code SO15 1HJ.

Go to this website:

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/cruise_ship.asp

and click on where it says

"Berth 106 is the Mayflower Cruise Terminal" (you'll need to maximise the box)

and you'll get a picture of the terminal with information.

Her indoors always likes to do the smalls in the boxing room, sorry, laundry.

Get in really early, before the "steamie mafia" arrive. This group likes to dominate the steamie and spends most of the trip in charge of their machines. (Weird but true!)

Send out all the big stuff. Dry cleaning is actually cheaper than on shore!

Archived