Epic Balcony

Luvtocruise57

Hi. I'm newbie on NCL. We are planning a cruise on Epic. I was wondering if anyone has pictures of a balcony room set up for four people or if you have stayed in one could you describe the set up. Also, on formal nights can you wear jeans and a nice top? Thank you for your help.

No formal nights, though, you need to look more presentable in some dining areas vs others. Anything goes in the Taste MDR.

4 grown people or 2 and 2 in one room? I had 2 connectors for 2 adults and 3 kids and still felt I needed more room. Rooms are definitely the smallest I've seen. A bed will drop from teh ceiling and there is a sofa which converts.

NCL has what is called 'Dress up or not' nights. Just like every other night, it is completely your choice whether to dress up or not, but on those 'designated' nights, if it's your thing, you're more likely to find others in formals. I think the rules may have changed in the last couple of years, but until very recently, there was always one main dining room where you were not allowed in wearing jeans. I've read here that this is no longer the case and that you can always wear jeans in any dining room now, but I think I also read that this is different on the Epic, where jeans are not allowed in the Manhattan Room. They are absolutely allowed in all specialty dining venues, though.

My husband is a big jeans wearer when we're on vacation. We tend to have a bit of an eclectic table, because he's usually in jeans, my daughter is 'nicely dressed' and I'm dressed up! ha ha ha I just have too many nice clothes that I never get to wear anywhere at home!! ha ha ha The point is, you can wear what you want, including jeans (I think shorts are still out, though). Some people here on CC may tell you that wearing jeans to a dining room is an abomination, and they're entitled to their opinion, but you shouldn't let it affect your choice to be comfortable on YOUR vacation. :)

As for the cabins, I did see some pictures when there was still an Epic forum. I think you can still access the forum and just not add to it, though. I'm not sure what you would search for, but you might also try something like webshots and do a search for Epic cabins. The couch pulls forward to make it wider, and a berth lowers down from the ceiling for the fourth person. Whether or not the cabin seems small to you is going to depend on you. Our family has traditionally booked inside cabins, because we don't spend any time there - it's pretty much just a glorified closet/bed/bathroom for us, and those are the only three things we tend to do there, so size has never been an issue. With the balcony, though, there's always that additional bit of 'open' space if you start feeling the space is 'tight'. :)

Hi. I'm newbie on NCL. We are planning a cruise on Epic. I was wondering if anyone has pictures of a balcony room set up for four people or if you have stayed in one could you describe the set up. Also, on formal nights can you wear jeans and a nice top? Thank you for your help.

4 adults?

Even 2 adults + 2 children is a very tight squeeze!

Archived