Orient Beach Positioning Advice Appreciated

maztoz

Greetings All,

We'll be visiting Orient Beach next month with my husband's 85+ year old parents. Plan to just grab a cab and stay put once we get there. These are two really cool, quite fit old people who grew up in Europe and would get a kick out of the nudity.

Question? Where do we plant our butts for the optimum combination of least crowd, nicest swimming and best eating?

Thanks in advance to all ye with previous knowledge.

If you want to experience the nudity, you've only got two choices. the southern section of Pedro's or Club Orient, itself.

Pedro's would probably be $15 for two chairs, umbrella, two free drinks, and Orient will now be $20 for two chairs and an umbrella.

Swimming is great in front of either of these spots, as the reef provides the best shelter at this end of the beach.

Pedro's can provide a full lunch service, but we have some problems with them. Personally, I'd send someone out, farther down the beach, like to Orange Fever, to fetch lunch and bring it back.

gary

Thanks Gary.

Orange Fever looks just fine, with a nice selection of sea creatures to eat. My intention was to communicate no aversion to nudity... none at all... but we certainly aren't making the buck nekkid a priority over some fresh seafood and a decent bottle of wine.

Appreciate your input.

Agreeing with Gary, I'd suggest setting up down by Pedro's which will be quieter than farther north, but also has more nudity, then send someone farther north to find yummy eats.

My previous favorite spot to eat (Kokomarina) has moved to the very far reaches of the beach (now named Palm Beach, and probably too far for most to walk from Pedro's). BUT we've had great meals at Chez Leandre (creole) and Kon Tiki (French, Asian, etc...) closer by. We're looking forward to trying Orange Fever on this next trip.

We tried Pedro's a few years back! It was very good we had the fish and it was great:D anyone been thier recently:p

We plan on grabing a cab and heading over, first time on our own last time we went on a tour

Archived