Holiday Cruise from Mobile, June 30

hurricanehugo

5th cruise on the Holiday , but first out of Mobile, previous 4 out of New Orleans. It is probably our favorite ship , even though we have been on many of the larger and newer ship. It is not as glitzy as the Conquest, Grandeur etc. but the service is as good or better than any we have experienced. The dining room experience is excellent and the entertainment has always been very good. Being a smaller ship, it is easier to learn your way around. On some of the larger ships, it has taken us almost the entire week to find where everthing is. { Maybe we are just slow though} Cozumel is one of our favorite ports. We ussually go to the beach in the morning, great area for snorkling and go downtown {about 2-3 miles from the ship} in the afternoon. Hundreds of cabs lined up to take you wherever you want to go. I can't remember the cab rate, but it is very reasonable. My wife loves bargaining with the people for a better price. I hate it , but I have to tag along to keep the spending within reason. You will have a great time.

We recently returned from a 5-day cruise on the Holiday. You will enjoy Cozumel - there's something for everyone. A word of advice - beware of Carlos & Charlie's! :p

I am working on a review which I will post soon, so stay tuned...

Co-incidently, we are booked on a 3-day Disney cruise next September with kids this time; curious how this will compare with our Holiday cruise.

Archived