QM2 caribbean excursions??

Lumberton-Lady

HI,

I'm wondering which shore excursions you've done and really enjoyed and which ones did you think were a waste of money?? Every port has alot to choose from..... and numerous ones sound interesting.

There are 2 excursions from St. Thomas to St. Johns, which I can't decide between, one take a catamaran and goes snorkeling and the other just goes to Cruz Bay and you do your own thing...I wonder which one is the better option if you'd like to do some good snorkeling, asI'm not interested in wandering around the town and buying trinkets etc. Thanks!

HI,

I'm wondering which shore excursions you've done and really enjoyed and which ones did you think were a waste of money?? Every port has alot to choose from..... and numerous ones sound interesting.

There are 2 excursions from St. Thomas to St. Johns, which I can't decide between, one take a catamaran and goes snorkeling and the other just goes to Cruz Bay and you do your own thing...I wonder which one is the better option if you'd like to do some good snorkeling, asI'm not interested in wandering around the town and buying trinkets etc. Thanks!

Have you checked out the ports of call section on CC. There is plenty of information there - I'm sure you will find what you are looking for. Enjoy your cruise.

We love St. John. Snorkeling at Trunk Bay has been great - turtles and electric blue schools of fish. There is an underwater trail to follow. The problem for us is the number of people they put on the catamaran with the ship tours. You could always take the ferry from Red Hook and a cab to Trunk Bay on your own. They have places to change and a snack bar.

Lunch at Lime Inn in Cruz Bay ia a treat. Mongoose Junction, a short walk from the ferry dock has lots of upscale interesting shops and restaurants.

Hope you enjoy your visit to St. John!

Just a suggestion: check for the latest information regarding activities/tours being offered in the Caribbean if you're not going with Cunard tours/activities. One year we had plans to go to a certain beach (I forgot which one) on one of the islands, only to find out when we docked that that entire beach area was off limits as a result of recent hurricane damage. Hurricane season is over by the end of November, so information is best obtained then (sorry, I know that won't help if you're on the mid-November QM2 voyage, but you might want to have alternative plans prepared in advance.)

Cheers,

Salacia

Archived